What's new

iDeaS Update

Low Lines

Thanks to Rockmangames, unfaltering pestering he eventually convinced me to ask Evrain about what is happening with iDeaS....okay here we go.

Rockmangames!! Listen up!! This is the answer to your question ;)

Evrain has been busily moderating in the GBArl forums (he is a moderator over there) and he hasn't been able to right in posting this as a thread, but I figured it would be better if everyone knew so there wouldn't be any noobing about it ;)

spotanjo3

Huh ? That is the reason why he is just ...busy ? So the iDeaS is just inactive right now ? What about the source ? Just want to clear that up. ;)

OP
L

Low Lines

Rockmangames said:
Huh ? That is the reason why he is just ...busy ? So the iDeaS is just inactive right now ? What about the source ? Just want to clear that up. ;)

No I am pretty sure iDeaS is DISCONTINUED, but I think since Lino was the original author of it, and because he doesn't seem to be around, that is why Evrain isn't taking any action with the source ;) hmm lets break this down...

The source is being postponed due to the absence of its author Lino, make sense?

Normmatt

Last time i spoke to Evrain he told me if he hasnt heard from Lino in a year he has permission to do whatever he likes to the source, so hopefully in a year we might be getting a new iDeaS release ;P

OP
L

Low Lines

Normmatt said:
Last time i spoke to Evrain he told me if he hasnt heard from Lino in a year he has permission to do whatever he likes to the source, so hopefully in a year we might be getting a new iDeaS release ;P

Hmm well I'm not sure, but this post was basically just to settle things with Rockmangames and give everyone an idea of what's actually happening ;)

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Yawn... please, someone tell me what a poor guy is doing on here at 1am...
Ok, anyway, thanks LL for breaking the news while I was away. And no, I'm not a mod over at GbaRL, I'm the administrator, actually ;) That leaves me with the duty to clean up things, answer most of the questions, kick Invision Board in the read end whenever it gets funny ideas, kick users in the rear end when they get funny ideas (I would post an incredibly lame thread to show you what I mean, too bad it's in Italian. Oh well, the guy ended up with his account deleted) and do whatever it takes to keep a 11k+ users community up and running.

As for iDeaS, yes, it is discontinued. I am not allowed to release the source until a year has passed, and the deadline is approaching. However, I still need to contact Lino one more time before I can do anything about it. Without discussing a certain issue, I'm stuck :(
Now, I beg you pardon but my bed is calling :D
Evrain

OP
L

Low Lines

mod, admin, what's the difference? They are both people who got more control on things than I got ;)

1AM :p

That's not much, last holidays when I was working on the Flash Project, I was up several days straight ;) I got to bed at 1AM on school nights :bouncy: And before anyone says, NO it does not decline my concentration skills the next day, I am just one of those people who seem able to run without falling over for long periods of time, take last night, I had 3 hours sleep :p. It's now 4 pm at the end of a school day and the only tiredness I have felt today was Maths class, and everybody knows what a lecturing Maths class does to you ;)

One year huh? I wonder what the reasons are behind that ;)