What's new

I missed it!

Kahenraz

Of course.. it was all planned.. 1964 beta apps would start being accepted as soon as Kahenraz takes a short vacation.
1964_new_anim.gif

GL to all those accepted!!

Plisco

Sevillian
I logged on just after Schibo made the request but I felt I did'nt have the time to really contribute so did'nt apply. Can't wait for final release though ;)

revl8er

That Damn Good
I didn't know he was asking for testers until I got back to my dorm room. I figured it was too late and I probably wouldn't have enough time to test everything I would have liked to so that's why I didn't put in a request.

Hyper19s

Banned
have a qwestion if anybody can answer this than
thanks a bunch.

How long is this BETA testing going to last
Does anyone know

Brian

kazooie

Trotterwatch said:
This has been answered several times before, but all going to plan it will be around a month long.

In that case we will all just have to hurry up and wait. :cowboy:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Its not the end of the world because you dont get a beta. If most of you would have gotten chosen, you would beta test. :p

Hyper19s

Banned
CpU MasteR said:
Its not the end of the world because you dont get a beta. If most of you would have gotten chosen, you would beta test. :p

Ha you act liked it was that easy, a lot of us didnt get picked!
and a lot just didnt want to do it.

Did you get the beta?? :shifty: :naughty:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
hypershadow1 said:

No, I didn't.

Beta testing isnt fun and games, people get betas to find bugs. If you didnt get picked, is it really the end of the world? Although, I beta tested for schibo on 0.8.5 ;). Even so, its still not the end of the world. :)

karth95

Lord of the Cats
If you would like to know what beta testing is really about, here's a brief rundown.
(note that this is what people do who are actually testing, not just playing games.)
Create a test case, for each and every function of the emulator, in combination with every other function.
Go through them one at a time. When you get the next beta, do it again. Rinse. Repeat.
Do this often enough, and eventually all the little bugs are worked out. This is for the UI.. the games themselves, you do a similar sort of testing, but I'll tell you right now that it's a lot more complicated to test the games than the UI. You end up trying everything, even the stupid crap, in the games, to make sure it all works, even if there's no reason to suspect someone would ever do it. The only problem with testing games is that there are only 1600 or so working n64 games, so it's hard to test them all.

scotty

The Great One
Im curios Karth, how do you test 1600 ROMS? I dont even have 100. My point is, how can you have every single N64 ROM on the face of the earth, when some of the ROMS have multiple dumps. OK, maybe Ive been laying down on my weekends and having too much :beer:.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
And I also have to say that it was a bit too early in the morning when I sent that reply.

There is a lot of fun beta testing as well, you get all the new games, many of them look better than before, etc. You get time to play as well, and multi-player aerogauge (even if it has to be local) is pretty fun. As to the rom question, You don't really need a complete goodset, you just need a complete U! or E! or J! goodset to get the majority of the games that were made for the system. This reduces the total from around 1600 to about 400.

scotty

The Great One
I sure do not have the hardrive space for it if I wanted it anyways, I admit I should increase my number of ROMS, perhaps when I get another computer that has a 80 GB hard drive, I might expand my ROM space.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
hypershadow1 said:

Pfff.
Even though the fact was that I was away when schibo asked for testers, I still wouldn't apply if I had the chance. It's not the whole world.
And how fun it would be to sit there and try all your games again and again and again and again...I'm repeating myself.
Just be glad you won't do the beta testing. When it's released, you can settle down and play the games you wish without any worries of it crashing (well, mostly).

Hyper19s

Banned
well I still would have done it because im an avanced computer user who does a little bit of testing. Beleive it or not!

scotty

The Great One
I privately testout emulators after they are released, just so i can get a feel about what to use when, waht plugin works better with what emulator, what emu does a game better etc;, I give a little feedback to the authors, I would imagine I will be giving feedback to Schibo after 0.9.9 is released, even though he doesnt ask for it. From what I hear it sounds like the best N64 emu out today, I will se in 3 weeks or so (after my midterms, what timing to release something)