What's new

I have a question about japanese gamecube games?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Hehe now now... a freeloader simply lets you play games that are not from your region on your cube. You can get one at lik-sang if you wish.

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
The free loader is for whimps. Be dangerous, mod it ;) There's information available all over the place. But like everyone else said, this thread has nothing to do with gc emulation.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
GC modding is not very good right now. Not all games work (afaik) and it's dangerous. Plus you void your warranty. Go for the freeloader.

JinXD

The rules were just updated to discourage discussion of mod chips, seems it was a waste of time........

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
@JinXD, modding a GC does not regard any modchips. It is just a matter of taking off the case, and connecting two pins. Basically, unconnected plays US games, and connected plays Japanese. Of course, you could take it a step further and put a switch on it. While it does void your warranty, I certainly cannot doubt the legality of it.

Although, I was not aware of that rule. So if I am in violation, please forgive me and it will not happen again.

JinXD

ShizZie said:
@JinXD, modding a GC does not regard any modchips. It is just a matter of taking off the case, and connecting two pins. Basically, unconnected plays US games, and connected plays Japanese. Of course, you could take it a step further and put a switch on it. While it does void your warranty, I certainly cannot doubt the legality of it.

Although, I was not aware of that rule. So if I am in violation, please forgive me and it will not happen again.
Hmmmm, never heard of that before. But anyway, it doesn't really have anything to do with emulation.....

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
There's nothing wrong with it as long as you know what you're doing. If you don't, than you obviouselly should not try it, and just stick with the freeloader. But regardless, it's a proven method - there's even a step by step tutorial and Gamecube Europe. Anyways, sorry for ranting on and on off topic...