What's new

I have $70 and I want to buy a Graphic Card.

Terranigma

Basically, I'm only interested in getting the best results for my N64 Emu and right now I have a extra bit of cash to spend. Can someone tell me the names of the cards that works best again? I'm not interested in high end PC gaming, just a card to make N64 emu better. And of course something that'll work nicely for the hi-res texture hacks.

flowrent

Find a refurbished GF4 Titanium 4200 to 4800 or some Radeon 9000 ,9100 ,9500 etc and anyone will kick a$$ of any new card that costs 70 $

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
i have a pci geforce fx 5200 asylum 256 mb card in my rig
it works nicely with open-glide
i give it a 7 out of 10

Clements

I have both and neither is better in N64 emulation. Both work perfectly with all the current GPU plugins. Buy based on the performance/featureset of the card and not if it's ATi/NVIDIA etc.

OP
T

Terranigma

Buy based on the performance/featureset of the card and not if it's ATi/NVIDIA etc.

Oh ok, but that brings up another problem, I don't know the performance/featuresets are for any of the cards. Anyway, thanks for all the replies, I'll go look around and see if I can get my hands on any of those cards.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Terranigma said:
Oh ok, but that brings up another problem, I don't know the performance/featuresets are for any of the cards. Anyway, thanks for all the replies, I'll go look around and see if I can get my hands on any of those cards.
Just check some benchmarks and you will see usually what's best (or at least you can find out what card is best for your game) :)

TRS

Make a decent offer and you can have my 3DFX V5! :naughty: Nothing beats 3DFX when it comes to N64 emulation.