What's new

I can see the sky in Perfect Dark with an older plugin

Two day's ago I was reading on the 1964 bord about Rice's new plugin, it show's the sky in Golden Eye, and I remembered an older version of PJ64 also show'd the sky in Golden Eye. So I switch the GFX plugin form Jabo's D3D6 1.5 to Jabo's D3D6 1.1 in PJ64 1.5 and loaded Golden Eye and saw the sky, so for some reason I also loaded Perfect Dark, and hit the F7 key to load a save state, there was no textures on anything, but the sky.

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Interesting. Really it is. I wonder why that happens, because shouldn't the plugins be better as the move along? I really would like for the sky to work in both those games, as they are games that I enjoy most.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Jimbot said:
Interesting. Really it is. I wonder why that happens, because shouldn't the plugins be better as the move along? I really would like for the sky to work in both those games, as they are games that I enjoy most.

haha, if only. i call an HLE plugin update a success if it fixes more than 3 times what it breaks. actually, we liked to aim rather higher than that.. at least 10 to 1 is good. But you have to be most cunning ;)

OP
URAMetroid

URAMetroid

...?
Another thing I want to add (but forgot a pic to add), about a year ago I read on this bord (I think it was this bord) that in newer version’s of jabo's plugin's (ver 1.4 & 1.5) it displays games in a high res mode, and if you select high res from the menu in Perfect Dark it will squish the screen to about 1/3 (or 1/4), but in this older plugin (ver 1.1) it cut's out the right half of the sky (the left half is still fine (as far as this plugin goes)), so the right half of the sky now has the same problem as in newer versions (like 1.4).
So I was just wondering if the auto high res mode in the newer plugin's has something to do with the sky (but maybe I wrong on this one).

Edit: image is now attached (plugin used this time was jabo's ver 1.0, but it's the same as in 1.1)

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Smiff said:

haha, if only. i call an HLE plugin update a success if it fixes more than 3 times what it breaks. actually, we liked to aim rather higher than that.. at least 10 to 1 is good. But you have to be most cunning ;)

Unfortunately, since Jabo's GFX 1.4,
the GoldenEye 007 sky rendering has been broken. :(

With Jabo's GFX 1.3 and earlier, the
sky will be there in GoldenEye 007.

OP
URAMetroid

URAMetroid

...?
RJARRRPCGP said:

Unfortunately, since Jabo's GFX 1.4,
the GoldenEye 007 sky rendering has been broken. :(

With Jabo's GFX 1.3 and earlier, the
sky will be there in GoldenEye 007.

Maybe because Perfect Dark is supported in 1.4, and somehow the sky in GoldenEye got cut out because of it.