What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

How to combine htc packs or convert to png form?

Xii-Nyth

Im sure this has come up before, but I have 2 packs, one in png form (which ive saved as both htc and hts), and one only in htc (cant figure out a way to convert back to png files or to hts).

Since one has no text and the other is only text they are the perfect candidates to be combined, but I havent found a way to do this :/

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Last edited:
OP
Xii-Nyth

Xii-Nyth

you will need to unpack the hts add the pngs to the new directory and reload in GlideN64

Ah thanks, only found the old glide64 one for .dat from the other guide

I never managed to get cygwin to accept git commands with that one. Is there a tutorial somewhere that is more up to date (if anything changed other than changing the path from C:/cygwin to C:/cygwin64)

Edit: found out that you have to manually unskip each package which was cutoff in the ui of hte installer. Then do something with keys which I don't understand..

Last edited:
OP
Xii-Nyth

Xii-Nyth

Here's a complete list of everything you will need to manually select since the guide didn't have the dependencies (same ones are required for GLide64 .dat and GLideN64 .htc)

A few of them might not be needed as when trying to figure out what was causing the make error 30: no zlib stuff I just grabbed a bunch of packages with zlib in the name.

Other than this the other guide is still good, just add in 'n' after copy pasting the other commands for glide64 (you can still copy paste but it uses shift+insert bc minty is a diehard gnu user and wont add the option to change to ctrl v in settings despite being asked to about 15 times on github)

1643859098140.png