What's new

How do you get sound in Super Smash Bros Melee?

riahc3

Hey

Im wondering how you can get Super Smash Bros Melee to playback sounds. The gameplay/video works pretty good but the sound doesnt reproduce at all.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
For the nth time, many games do not have sound at all, and there is no way to get sound in those games until the developers understand the sound hardware well enough to implement sound properly.

Bianc0neri

For the nth time, many games do not have sound at all, and there is no way to get sound in those games until the developers understand the sound hardware well enough to implement sound properly.

Haha. XD I wonder how many times you've explained that for newbie members. ;P

OP
R

riahc3

Haha. XD I wonder how many times you've explained that for newbie members. ;P

Well if you dont sticky something like this, then obviously people are going to ask.

Sound does work with this game but mostly sound effects only. You need to use the HLE sound plugin.
The latest source includes already the HLE plugin but doesn work for SSBM. At least not on my Realtek on my laptop.

Bianc0neri

Well if you dont sticky something like this, then obviously people are going to ask.

I know, but it's just funny.

Okay...

Games that have sound or sound effects:

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Mario Party 4
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6
Mario Party 7

Maybe more, but that's a find by me. I'm sure that more games have sound.

More games with sound are:

Mario Power Tennis

Lego Starwars

Resident Evil Remake

Ikaruga

Alien Hominid

Burnout 2

Disney's Party

Crazy Taxi

Many others soon to be tested.

Last edited:

X-Fi6

Generally, most third-party games have somewhat working sound, and most first-party games by Nintendo don't have sound.