What's new

hotmail pop server

Vchat20

Anyone know where I can find one? cuz I just had to switch over to netscape recently due to IE getting a terrible virus. frankly, I like netscape alot better, but the only issue is that it's email client does not work with hotmail. so does anyone know of a pop and/or smtp server to access hotmail?

Gorxon

Administrator
Howeverm you can use Outlook Express to check your hotmail and it acts almost just like a pop account. At least you could do that. Go to accounts on the preferences menu and select hotmail instead of POP...i dunno if they still have this option available though, i don't use shit mail anymore :satisfied

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Outlook is the only mail client that can work with hotmail. Hotmail uses a proprietary mail protocol, microsoft did this just for the purpose that you can't use hotmail with any other mail client.

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

well, I have found a couple programs that allow you to access hotmail via pop, but the only issues with those is 1) you have to keep the programs running when you access your mail and 2) you can only receive, not send. I was hoping someone knew of a better solution.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Vchat20 said:
you have to keep the programs running when you access your mail

If you run a dedicated server on your lan (like I do :satisfied ), then that should be cake. As for the receive only, thats just a limitation you have to deal with. I guarentee you that if anybody was able to create a mail client that was able to successfuly pull this off, microsoft would change their servers to break compatibility with all non outlook clients, much like AOL tries to block non aim client users.