What's new

Hmm... need some ppl to try this software out.

thecraft

Alice in Chains Fan
Okay, I finished a simple peice of software that can tell the user whether some hardware (Proccesor, RAM, and Video Card) may need and upgrade. I did the measurements (as in 90MHz sucks and any GHz rulez, etc.) to my best guess. All i need is a few people with awsome (and old) PC's to see if i my guesses were good enough. :D

You can download here:
http://galileo.spaceports.com/~craftwar/PCAdvise_0.3.exe
(About 70kb)

It's freeware, my hompage has more...
Sorry if this is counted as an ad.

Last edited:

iq_132

Banned
Umm.... I tried it, but I can tell you right off the top of my head if your hardware configuration is fast, slow, or average, I don't need a piece of software that doesn't actually detect any hardware to tell me. This might be useful for someone that has no idea if they should upgrade or how fast their computer is in relation to anyone else's, but I'm pretty sure that someone with enough brains to figure out how fast their computer is, in MHz or GHz, or how much RAM they have, already knows what this program tells them.

Sorry, I give it one star *

It's a good idea, but you need auto-hardware detection for the newby consumers out there: some people just don't know what RAM, a video card, or a processor is.

iq_132

Banned
You should have the installer to put a shortcut in the “Start” menu somewhere. You also might want give an option to have the program itself start up and launch a “Read Me” after installation.

OP
thecraft

thecraft

Alice in Chains Fan
thanx for your honesty... that's one more fucking disappointment :angry: oh well...

but you need auto-hardware detection
As i said, it is a simple program.

some people just don't know what RAM, a video card, or a processor is.
Is there anyone that hasn't heard of DXDAIG? But anyhoo, thanx... I'll put in a message about DXDAIG.

Sorry, I give it one star *
That's okay, it's a beta.

but I'm pretty sure that someone with enough brains to figure out how fast their computer is, in MHz or GHz, or how much RAM they have, already knows what this program tells them.
The purpose of the app is to make it EASIER to figure this out, there is simple ppl still living. :)

You should have the installer to put a shortcut in the “Start” menu somewhere. You also might want give an option to have the program itself start up and launch a “Read Me” after installation.
I used to have an installation that does this, but it actually adds an extra 300KB! That's about 4x the size of the app itself.

[EDIT=Sorry, I had a bad day]

Last edited: