What's new

Here Is Beta 1 Of My New Gcube

leomon32

Fire Emblem 9 Pal version

For those who wants to know, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance work very well (in map)
You'll need those buttons to have a better experience of the game
F2 : Wireframe because in battle show a black screen (maybe it's a problem with Pixel Shader, in Dolphin, you need to use pixel shader 2.0 at least to have something, with 1.4, it also show a black screen !)

F3 : Correct some glitch (like the battle panel transparency)

FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T MAKE THIS EMU WORKS, YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT GCUBE FRONTENDS ALSO WORK WITH THIS ONE ! BELIEVE ME !

Here's some screen :

Showing the intro (In B&W)

Showing title screen

Dialog without F3

Battle screen with F3

In battle screen

Same in battle, but wireframe enabled !

That's all !

Last edited:
OP
dolqube

dolqube

Winphin Developer
i have now revived hle ignore thp and made it always active (no more thp for now)
i hope to build a thp player into the emulator (to get full speed thp videos)
and with colour...

im trying to build it without libjpeg
any one that can help dont hesitate to post

Sercio

http://amnoid.de/gc/index.html
There is a THP viewer with source.

Edit: I dont want to talk bad about gcube but we need for the future more support! I mean like sse (1,2,3) and dualcore with 64 bit support! And the Graphic unit should more work! I mean everything kills the Cpu but doesnt joke the graphhics! I know that its not easy to build this features in a emulator, and its not very important because the Gamecube is on the marked right now. Lets skip that idea and think about in 1 or 2 years again ;)

Last edited:

superbug

How's going the work on the recompiler? I for one don't really care about the speed of thp playback if they can be ignored.

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Nice, but I still havn't gotten a clear idea of what has changed since the original gcube 0.4.

superbug

Hopefully we'll see both the version with the recompiler, as well as the modified source of this emulator sometime in the near future.

Kronox!

i have been following this emu for a long time and there is a function to ignore thp playback. it's -i2

when -i2 is active you can get rid of all the thp videos in Super mario sunshine.. and thus get ingame [just tested].

cheers..
Kronox

Pd: sorry my crappy english we speak spanish here xD

OP
dolqube

dolqube

Winphin Developer
i AM going to create a 64 bit version. with sse etc
then i am going to put the cpu and gfx on different threads. (dual core)

the recompiler is still very buggy (i think there is one big bug i cant find which is holdin it back)
a release maby between 1-3 weeks away

sound is not important right now speed is.
sound is only really handy for memory card functions.

but i believe i can get these functions it done in hle

i added a new save and load state function that works really well (better than last vers)
i am now to find all graphics functions in hle (documentation work)
if succesful i believe there will be a dramatic speed increase.

i also fixed the buggy fps counter(the old one was only made for homebrew)

Last edited:

Sercio

Sounds good!

dolqube said:
i AM going to create a 64 bit version. with sse etc
then i am going to put the cpu and gfx on different threads. (dual core)

Why dont let the gfx things using the GPU? And please insert a quicksave option ( same like pscx2 which allows to save everywhere ) !
This emulator will maybe change everything

superbug

Sercio, it's always good to read the readme files;) Gcube had savestates implemented for a while now, but only since 0.4 You can make them without the debugger. Use F11 to quick save and F12 to quick load, though I think it's a little buggy.