What's new

help with loading ssbm

BomarJr

hi again, i downloaded the latest dolphin emu on my computer & i loaded SSBM. it boot and everthing works fine until (in all gameplay modes) after i choose my charactor and says press start, i hit enter, and the whole emu freezes it does not crash but the game does not load, i left it there for about an hour (literally) and it's still in the same state. what i do not understand is how come it doesn't work. i've seen it being played on dolphin. how come it doesn't work on mine? :(

Specks:

Intel iMac Core Duo (not 2 duo)
1.5gb of ram,
Windows XP (on Boot Camp. NOT AN EMULATION OR VM runs nativly so the fact that i am using a mac shouldn't or can't be the problem)
ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 (says it should work great)

any attempt to help is again greatly appreciated ;)

Last edited:
[SS] Starscream's generic dolphin response.

1) Dolphin's emulation is too slow and will not play games fast enough to enjoy like you can on the Gamecube.
2) If you happen to find a game that loads, dolphin will not play the game fast.
3) It does not matter what screen shot you saw of the game, dolphin will not play the game fast.
4) At this time there is no point in using the dolphin emulator other than testing a few games for no apparent reason.
5) Everyone comes on here asking the question you asked or one similar, there is nothing we can do to get the games to play right until a new dolphin version is released.

Nintendo Ace

All that [SS] Starscream said is completely true, but to answer your question, just go into the game's option menu, language and change the language to another language. From there, you will be able to go ingame. The problem is, to play another match after winning/losing the first match, you have to go back to
change the language again before playing another match.

OP
B

BomarJr

thanks guys. the whole game works now. speed doesn't bother me, but gfx problems does and thankfully, there were hardly any at all. :happy:

chocolate

if you do want to speed the game up, it is possible. see?------http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hKqUyX_Eh4 (copy into adress bar)

just download gcos 1.5 final and all that crap. watch the movie, look at the comments for the other links, and you're set.