What's new

Help, I've run into a VERY BIG problem...

Terranigma

I don't really know where to turn for help, but this problem DOES AFFECT 1964. For some reason, virtually all my emulators have stopped working, including 1964. I've tried Visualboy, doesn't work. Gens, it doesn't work. 1964 freezes after the first screen appears. Well it doesn't really freeze, the cpu percentage stuff at the bottom moves, but the game is stuck on the opening screen. Only Zsnesw works right now. I was wondering if you guys might know why it's affecting so many of my emus. I figured since 1964 is suffering the same problem, you might be able to tell me what it is. Could it be a virus? I don't think so since I didn't download anything yesterday, and I have a firewall up and antivirus protecting me. My harddrive did start making some clicking noises yesterday, but the problem didn't start until nighttime. I was playing Goldeneye perfectly just an hour before this happened. At first I resetted the computer and everything was fine, but now, no matter how many times I reset, it's still the same.

And it seem like I'm having some minor graphical problems too. Minor hiccups in the graphics for firefox. It's so minor that I don't even know how to describe it.

Trotterwatch

If your HD started making an audible clicking sound, then I'd start backing up any important data now (just in case it's on its way out).

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
If a hard drive is making clicking noises that aren't standard read or write sounds, you've got a serious problem. Trotter is right, back up your data quick.

OP
T

Terranigma

I'm not worried since I do have backup, what I'm more worried about is why my emus aren't working. I already have a backup HD that I stored away just incase. My question right now is do you think the HD problem is what's causing my emulators to stop working. I can play PC games though. If it's as simple as replacing the HD, I can do that with no trouble at all.

I just ran a virus scan and everything seems a-ok. I might as well give the HD switch a try.

OP
T

Terranigma

Oh, thank you so much, I reinstalled the graphics driver and all emus work now, including 1964. I don't know how it happened. Maybe it does have something to do what my HD, oh well, might as well back up everythig now.