What's new

Help! (comics book)

blizz

yeah it's in english, as it's printed by Viz in the US

the Manga versions tend to be different than a film, not necessarily better or worse but they can provide you with a different viewpoint and idea, and it's normally worth checking out both if you enjoy them, in most cases the manga will be an expanded version with more detail

It's Miyazaki so you can hardly go wrong with it ;)

OP
Johnny_Rico

Johnny_Rico

Mobile Infantry
So is it an expanded version?

I haven't seen the movie and I thought it will be more fun to read an expanded version.

Thanks again!! :happy:

blizz

Yeah Akira and Blade of The Immortal are probably the best manga out at the moment

that Nausicaa manga version is going to be expanded upon but the stories in the film and the manga will essentially be the same

OP
Johnny_Rico

Johnny_Rico

Mobile Infantry
Thank you all for your answers! :D

blizz said:
that Nausicaa manga version is going to be expanded upon but the stories in the film and the manga will essentially be the same

Thanks for the response blizz but I didn't quite understood what you meant. Can you please explain a little further? :thumbsup:

blizz

sure thing, most Anime Series and films start their lives of as a Manga or they become one if their successful, it's due to the different nature of these mediums that they differ, although the story remains the same in that it will follow the same plot line, the manga and the anime will normally differ slightly around minor points along that plot line which can produce different view points, however some companies use this to produce a noticeably different interpretation of the original story, as with the Evangelion Manga where certain situations are dealt with in very different manners, or with the X manga from which a Film and a series were developed both the film and the series are essentially the same story but both very different