What's new

Having problems with PJ64 3.0, Ocarina of Time v1.2

Hemispheres

I am having problems in the forest temple in Ocarina of Time. I go into the temple, grab the first key from on top of the tree, kill the two stalfos and grab the second key, then go into the courtyard and drain the well and grab the third key. Upon returning to the central room and opening the first locked door, I get a message stating that there has been a fatal error and the game crashes to black.

I have no idea what to do now, I'm putting together a video walkthrough on my youtube channel and this is kind of holding me up.

OP
H

Hemispheres

Due the lack of replies I'm trouble shooting now. I tried a different ROM and it happened again and also wouldn't let me use geforce experience to record so that isn't the issue. It seems to be an issue with either the save file or project 64 3.0 itself. My next step is to grab the keys in a different order. If that doesn't work I'll open the first locked door after grabbing the first key then go and grab the others and see how that works. Then I'll report back.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Due the lack of replies I'm trouble shooting now. I tried a different ROM and it happened again and also wouldn't let me use geforce experience to record so that isn't the issue. It seems to be an issue with either the save file or project 64 3.0 itself. My next step is to grab the keys in a different order. If that doesn't work I'll open the first locked door after grabbing the first key then go and grab the others and see how that works. Then I'll report back.

Hi Hemispheres, you might want to try over at Github project64/discussions to obtain the support and assistance you require for Project64 3.x

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
I fixed it. If you grab the key in the courtyard/well area second and grab the key with the stalfos last the game will not freeze.
Can you give me a save before it freezes? i would like to see if the same happens on 1.6.2.
Also are you using cheats when this happens?