What's new

Guess what filetypes nintendo uses for Wii games? Pictures inside [56K Warning]

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
ok i'll give a try. thank you

edit: ok, so I've got the wiitools. I just don't understand the key.bin. could you please explain me that?
The key.bin is some kind of a decription key, which is needed to decompress the images. I could explain it in more detail, but I think that wouldn't be that interesting for you.
It's copyprotected material, so I can't provide it here, but it isn't that hard to find it.

Last edited:

jorge_bastos

The key.bin is some kind of a decription key, which is needed to decompress the images. I could explain it in more detail, but I think that wouldn't be that interesting for you.
It's copyprotected material, so I can't provide it here, but it isn't that hard to find it.

thanks for the reply. I've just made it and it works fine. i've found one in google.

Fluesopp

BMDViewer isn't updated since long ago, and nothing have changed as far as I know.
But I think he released the source, so you can go back and make a exporter. I am sure it will be appriciated.

jorge_bastos

is there really no way to export bones, animations into 3ds max?

my dream is to convert bck animations into bvh or bip files:naughty:

Last edited:

thakis

There is no specification. But the bmdview2 source is written in a way that should make the file structure easy to understand (there's a cpp file for each section in the file, and the cpp starts with the structs stored in this section in the file).

Fluesopp

@Girrtacos: He answered that question. He was posting the link to the page with the source.

@Thakis: I have only experience from Java, and have only done "reverse engineering" on two different filetypes, a simple map file for a cellphone game, and the Worms armageddon weapon schemes. Are this too complicated then?
And to make a exporter, I don't need to have 3d programming knowledge right?
I use Maya, so the 3D part is not unfamiliar, and I guess all I need to do is rearrange the data so the positions is right for the target filetype? (sort of)

Fluesopp

Checked out some of the mario animations in Super Mario Galaxy, and found many animations of Mario playing tennis.
Does Mario Play tennis ingame? I never knew...

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
I posted this in the SZS thread, but it is more relevent here...

Has anyone taken a look at the font format used in Mario Galaxy. Unlike the GameCube fonts which are bfn, Galaxy's is brfnt and have a different header. I would imagine there is little difference in the formats at their core, using images to store the letters, unless they have actually started using vector outlines for fonts?!

Driscol

annoying you for over a year!
does this mean its possible to edit the models or replace them? has nayone done this?

srry if its been answered.