What's new

Got Meself a Nintendo DS Lite

Talas

Son of the Sky
Heya Guys,

bought a Nintendo DS Lite yesterday, along with Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and Dr. Kawashimas Brain Training. And I have to say... its FANTASTIC. Castlevania is standard quality, the Brain Training is real fun and the DS is really really good. Now, I would like to ask the community two things:

1. I live in Germany, how do I connect to the internet with my DS? There seems to be some stuff for the Brain Training game on the official site.

2. What games do you recommend? I ordered Advance Wars DS yesterday. What else is a must for the DS?

Thanks and greets,

Talas

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Talas said:
1. I live in Germany, how do I connect to the internet with my DS? There seems to be some stuff for the Brain Training game on the official site.
If your game has support for it, then, you must either have a wireless router or an USB thingy for your computer, or find yourself a hot spot. From there you should be able to connect through the game.
Welcome to the DS Lite Club!

OP
Talas

Talas

Son of the Sky
Oh, so its that easy? We have a hotspot at the university. So its all for free? I just click on "Download New Content" and I get it? Where is it saved?

Doomulation

Yes, it's that easy. And it's free. I've never tried it myself, though. How the details works is game specific. You should consult the game manual.

BlueFalcon7

I have gone online, with MKDS. Getting online is kind of annoying, at least for my 2wire, because 2wire sucks. But once you get online, its really fun. Sometimes it lags, but the lag is really not that bad.

You need to know the WEP key for the wireless network, it does not support WPA, and theres no netstumbler for the DS unfortunately.

Clements

I bought a DS Lite with New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart DS, Tetris DS and Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time a few days ago. It was well worth the purchase, and I recommend those games.

Doomulation

New Mario Bros was so pathetic. Nothing compared to the good old Super Mario Bros 3 or Super Mario World.

Clements

Albeit still fun to play. Gamerankings puts it as the 4th best DS title available using 59 reviews from the web.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I bought a ds today along with mario kart, mario 64, and resident evil ds. I must say those games are great so far, but I havent played it that much yet.

Doomulation

Clements said:
Albeit still fun to play. Gamerankings puts it as the 4th best DS title available using 59 reviews from the web.
LIES! :p
The world are pathetic, the controls are stupid, the stages are boring and the music isn't good. This is just another Metroid Prime Hunters, aka a failure.

Last edited:

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Talas said:
2. What games do you recommend? I ordered Advance Wars DS yesterday. What else is a must for the DS?

I play Tetris DS and Mario Kart DS the most, they're both awesome games, especially for picking up and playing, which is what handheld gaming is all about.

I want to get a Lite myself, but I have a Japanese Xbox 360 on my shopping list before that.

Clements

Doomulation said:
LIES! :plain:
The world are pathetic, the controls are stupid, the stages are boring and the music isn't good. This is just another Metroid Prime Hunters, aka a failure.

You have a right to your own opinion of the game, but please don't accuse people of lying or other unneeded comments just because they do not share your opinion.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Trauma Center: Under the Knife is awesome as well, and if you can import it, or wait for the US release, Cooking Mama rules.

Doomulation

Clements said:
You have a right to your own opinion of the game, but please don't accuse people of lying or other unneeded comments just because they do not share your opinion.
Maybe the message did give the wrong impressions after all. "LIES" was supposed to be sarcastic. I made it more obvious by editing the message.