What's new

Good, old times...

Fabricio_EX

Take a look at this

just remember that good graphics aren't the most important thing :p

WhiteX: meu amigo, passe longe do link de MegaMan. Ele é, literalmente, uma merda (desculpe a palavra)...

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
In the good old times we had things like Super Mario Bros 1 which had absolutely next to no story, sure it was a great game but compare it to Super Mario Sunshine, which had a lot more to it than just jumping on enemies...

Super Mario Sunshine has those levels which are extremely hard with one mistake and you've lost a life. *has to get his gamecube out later, damn that was a great game...*

I prefer todays games to the ones of old, i'm shallow I like better graphics - I like old games too though otherwise I wouldn't touch emulation with a barge poll.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I disagree, Sunshine was basically just Mario 64 with a water jetpack... you're just being a harsh critic, the worst mario games are without a doubt the Super Mario Land series but even those have their moments.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Super Mario Land 2 was pretrty good, IMO.

I remember having so much fun playing International Karate with a friend on my Commodore 128. Those were good times.

Allnatural

I was disappointed by Sunshine too. Didn't hate it, but enjoyed it far less than I thought I would. The water pack was a joke, camera was crap, the padding was obvious (trade blue coins for Shines? pfft). Little of the Nintendo "magic" I've come to expect.

The sub-levels (those without the water pack) were top shelf though. Give me a whole game centered around those.

WhiteX

However New Super Mario Bros is everything you expect from a Mario Game.

Fabricio, my man, never tell someone to nto do smth, it was the first thing i did!

Good movies.

OP
Fabricio_EX

Fabricio_EX

All right, sorry for that then :p

I didn't like SM Sunshine. It really was a SM64 with that water pack on Mario's back. Could be better...
Looking at the old games, they evolved from repeated things (like jumping on enemies all the time) to complex and beautiful games which requires even more ability to beat them.

And, about Nintendo efforts to make new Mario Bros. games, take as examples those Mario Advances. They're nothing more than (S)NES games adapted to the GBA. Another thing that could be better...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
ScottJC said:
I disagree, Sunshine was basically just Mario 64 with a water jetpack... you're just being a harsh critic, the worst mario games are without a doubt the Super Mario Land series but even those have their moments.
Plus it didn't even have the feeling of mario 64. Nowhere near. Annoying game, annoying island, annoying water pack and annoying everything.

OP
Fabricio_EX

Fabricio_EX

That's what I've been expecting for Mario Bros!
I can finally see something new from Nintendo's hands.
I hope they will continue developing games like this one. I was getting tired of Mario Parties and Tennis and Golf and Doctor and Mario Advances as well... All those titles that Nintendon just put "Mario" on the name and release as news and inediteds games.