What's new

Good Netplay

bjz

Well after playing some intense Mario Kart with LaC I would have to say i am very impressed with Netplay. No lag with connection set to GOOD 20 Keyframes.

:nemu: :nemu: :nemu:

I tried running netplay too but it almost doesn't work... Now I'm trying to run netplay with Scyther and see if this will work...

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
bjz said:
Well after playing some intense Mario Kart with LaC I would have to say i am very impressed with Netplay. No lag with connection set to GOOD 20 Keyframes.

:nemu: :nemu: :nemu:

how does it play with other games?

LaC

Re: Re: Good Netplay

jvolel said:
how does it play with other games?

We honestly didn't test it with many games. Its should be good if both people use the same keyframes/second and if the ping is less than 75 (depending on the game I guess).
I am happy enough that mario kart and conker work perfect over multiplay. (my two favorite multi games on n64).
For people who are having problems here are some general rules:

1. less than 75 ping per player...
2. all cpu's should be running the game fullspeed.
3. all players need to have the same rom file with the same header name and CRC (although nemu only checks the header name is the same).
3. all players should have the same controller options on controller 1 (best to just turn off mempack/rumble).
4. all players should have the same save games (or delete their save files or rename their save directory temporarily before playing).
5. all players should have the same ini settings for that game they are playing.

after following most of those rules it should work good.

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Lac why didn't u guys give the option of letting users switch input plugins? does it have something to do with netplay? (sound is fine but an option of changing that too would be nice) or release the source code or something. Netplay works good btw (just had to swtich the video plugin and I was good to go)

LaC

jvolel said:
Lac why didn't u guys give the option of letting users switch input plugins? does it have something to do with netplay? (sound is fine but an option of changing that too would be nice) or release the source code or something. Netplay works good btw (just had to swtich the video plugin and I was good to go)

Simple answer, we didnt add support for zilmar plugin spec. Well only for video, and even our video has extra stuff zilmar spec doesn't support. This has nothing to do with how we feel about the spec, its just we wanted to do things our own way. Audio and input plugin are very different and done to our own specifications.

L

Linkin Park

LaC said:
Simple answer, we didnt add support for zilmar plugin spec. Well only for video, and even our video has extra stuff zilmar spec doesn't support. This has nothing to do with how we feel about the spec, its just we wanted to do things our own way. Audio and input plugin are very different and done to our own specifications.

our own plugins specifications? whats this? this is magic because i´ve never seen an fast audio plugin like this!:happy: (sorry for my bad english)

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Linkin Park said:
our own plugins specifications? whats this? this is magic because i´ve never seen an fast audio plugin like this!:happy: (sorry for my bad english)

lol yeah the audio plug in is really good, I had problems at first but once I switch the slider over towards more accurate I haven't had a single problem with the sound.

Oh and Lac I hear by challenge you to a game of Conkers bad fur day :p

sk8bloke22

roll for life
wow, guess ive missed a lot being at uni without internet access. seems like Lac and Lemmy have done a good job, and finally ppl can stop bugging them. has anyone tried goldeneye yet on netplay, cos i really really hope it doesnt work, as otherwise there is no chance of me getting through my second year at uni when i have broadband in my room.

anyway i have to wait at least another weak till i get back to my pc back in my flat at uni and can actually test nemu and the other new plugins that hav come out. at last n64 emulation has come back to a good stage despite ppl thinking it would never happen.

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
yeah man it works good, I just finished kicking lac's but in cbfd and mario cart :p :nemu: :geek:

Udde

Well, I have problems playing Mario Kart with kaillera. When I play the game I can control my kart perfectly but I control the other player direction too , The other remote player only controls the gas, brakes, shot, etc... of his kart, but not the direction. I have tried it more than ten times and the result is the same. Does anybody know why is it happening?

LaC

Udde said:
Well, I have problems playing Mario Kart with kaillera. When I play the game I can control my kart perfectly but I control the other player direction too , The other remote player only controls the gas, brakes, shot, etc... of his kart, but not the direction. I have tried it more than ten times and the result is the same. Does anybody know why is it happening?

Try setting only controller #1 to "plugged in" in the input options.
see if that helps.