What's new

Good Lord...

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Some FFX-2 tracks popped up on my Winamp playlist just a few minutes ago and it actually somewhat makes me want to go play it again. I only got about 10 hours into it before I quit anyway but bleh.

Someone talk me out of it, please! >_<

Cyberman

GogoTheMimic said:
Some FFX-2 tracks popped up on my Winamp playlist just a few minutes ago and it actually somewhat makes me want to go play it again. I only got about 10 hours into it before I quit anyway but bleh.

Someone talk me out of it, please! >_<
Well you could just send me your copy of the game that will fix it :)

Cyb

IceWarm

I have not played Final Fantasy X-2 since about January when I beat it with the 100% completion rating. I have the soundtrack though and sometimes songs from it come up in WinAmp.

Stezo2k

S-2K
Cyberman said:
Well you could just send me your copy of the game that will fix it :)

Cyb

Well if you haven't played it, I wouldn't recommend the game myself, the story is too girlie and the soundtrack doesn't work that well with the game, apart from that, the battle system is good, i prefer FF7 and X much more myself

IceWarm

I prefer Final Fantasy X also. That game was a lot more in depth than X-2. Like the Sphere Grid was a pretty cool way to learn skills and customizing armor/weapons made it interesting. There is no Sphere Grid and you can't customize your armor or weapons in X-2. You can wear different accessories but that was about it as far as getting custom character bonuses and immunities.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I dunno about you guys but I hated FFX-2's battle system to begin with, because it seems like a downgrade to FFX, what the hell was wrong with the conditional battle system? it was much better... but alas.. i got used to it so I'm fine with it now.

I agree the story is girly, and the story doesn't really seem to have much of a "threatening" feel to it, you know in FFX and FF7 or even 8 for that matter the story got very dark very quickly, some evil destroying the world or something.. FFX-2 doesn't feel that way to me anywhere near as much.

I got bored of it a while back so i didn't finish it.

FFX-2 rates with me 2 out of 5. would've got 3 if I didn't get bored hehe.

IceWarm

I also prefer the traditional battle system. It gives you more time to pick the best possible attack for the situation. The one in X-2 makes you pick attacks on the fly and couldn't really plan your attacks out. Also they took away the Overdrives in X-2. One thing that made the Overdrives in X so cool was that it would take time to get your Overdrive bar filled. Now many of the Overdrive attacks can be done in X-2 right away and whenever you want, like the Mix ability with the Alchemist and so on. That takes a lot of the challenge out of the game in my opinion.

smegforbrain

FFX's sphere system isn't bad, but there's no solid way to quickly compare two characters without diving into a bunch of menus. In previous games, levels atleast gave a basic idea of what character should be capable of.