What's new

Goldeneye sound problems

g00beRz

Peej
What is the best plugin for 007 sound? I have tried Schibo and Azimers, but both fail during gameplay, the sound is really choppy and horrible sounding.

Help appreciated. :D

Toast Siege

EmuTalk Memberr
So do you have 'Sync game to audio' enabled?

EDIT: VVV You're right, I didn't look at the computer specs for some reason... damn.

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Goldeneye 007 has the highest processor requirements of Nintendo 64 games, thus I can't help you much.

First off, Azimer's audio plugins have been known to cause repeated game jerkiness and stuttering. Goldeneye 007 probably is going to be unplayably slow with Azimer's audio plugin, at least with the earlier versions.

Also, if you want to enjoy Goldeneye 007, you're going to want to raise the processor clock speed. Seeing that it's underclocked.

Your processor, if it's an Athlon XP 1500+, it's made to do at least 1.3 ghz!

Otherwise, the lowest Athlon XP that I heard of is an Athlon XP 1400+, which is at least 1.2 ghz.

Then if you upgrade your processor, an Athlon XP 3200+ or higher is recommended.

Last edited:
OP
g00beRz

g00beRz

Peej
Hmm.. I have been meaning to upgrade anyways.. The thing is, I have played 007 before, with no sound problems. Does multiplayer take more resources?

edit: Yeah, I know it's underclocked. My RAM is too old for my processor. heh..

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
g00beRz said:
Hmm.. I have been meaning to upgrade anyways.. The thing is, I have played 007 before, with no sound problems. Does multiplayer take more resources?

edit: Yeah, I know it's underclocked. My RAM is too old for my processor. heh..

Unless you're using PC100 SDRAM or PC1600 DDR SDRAM, you shall be able to run it at 133 mhz!!!

Also, don't use Azimer's audio plugin if you're getting repeated stuttering problems with Goldeneye 007. I also recommend for you to get Rice Video 5.50b2 and use the pixel shader combiner! (I know that it's not the latest version, but it's the only version that renders the trees properly when using the pixel shader combiner)

The trees won't be rendered properly without pixel shader!!!

Also, get the RSP plugin from Project64. Copy rsp.dll from the Project64 plugin folder to the 1964 plugin folder.

Last edited:
I agree with scotty. Jabo 1.6 is probably the best choice for Goldeneye. I haven't tried others, but this one worked for me.

4real

This game can be played on lower spec machines with great speed and very few slow downs.

Try this set up :
1964 0.8.5, Jabos 1.5, Schibos audio 1.2 and mupen rsp can get good speed with this config(set computer to 16bit for extra speed).
Make sure no other software is running as well.