What's new

Going to Japan 4 NewYears - what should I buy?

OP
nudetothis

nudetothis

Actually you can get one of those "pre-modded" to play both J and US games over the net already. $459 though. Still, cheaper than a trip to Japan PLUS buying it there.

Thinking along the lines of something I wouldn't be able to get anywhere but in Japan, but of course that list is getting short these days with internet importers. Any other ideas?

just have a look around when you get there, who knows they might release something new just as you get there

blizz

yeah you can also get japanese releases of US and UK music which may contain tracks that are unreleased outside of Japan

OP
nudetothis

nudetothis

Yeah I'm pretty familiar with the place. I lived there for two years from summer 91 - 93 teaching English. Bought a lot of bootleg music, which was a bigger deal then as this was long before Napster came along. Also my wife is Japanese but we just got married two years ago. This will be our first time back since getting married in Tokyo. The wedding and visa costs kept us from really being able to spend any money while we there then. We get some cool stuff from her parents once in a while, like our Sony Digital Camcorder, snacks, Gameboy games for my stepson, etc. I was thinking for a while about having a DrV64jr. shipped to them and they could mail it here, since Lik-Sang doesn't ship it to the US anymore, but with the latest version of PJ64 and an Adaptoid it's getting to be kinda moot.

Anyway, I'm still wondering if anyone has any other Ideas. Maybe I could find a bunch of old Game&Watch units and sell 'em to Spinal!:happy:

iq_132

Banned
Bring me back something!!!! :)

I'd suggest buying some japanese candy that they had to import :)
It's more expensive over there than here.

blizz

POCKY POCKY POCKY, damm the amount of pocky I packed into my case to take back with me last time :D

Josep

eyerun4phun
bring back one of their hot chicks back too;) freak'n blizz!! 1337?! how long has it been like that?;)

blizz

Josep said:
bring back one of their hot chicks back too;) freak'n blizz!! <a href="glossary.php?&ltr=#">1337</a>?! how long has it been like that?;)

wah? you mean my avatar? nearly a week now.

blizz

Jaz said:
Just stay clear of lamer dating sims.

* Jaz pokes blizz. :plain2:

ehehehe :D

nothing more funny than chosing some option and then the girl beating the shit out you cause you don't know what you just said :p

dixon

white trash , whore
/me drools too

I wub Japan .. I want to go within the next few years, but I will probably have to wait 'til I am about 19 :( Only three years.

On the subject of what to buy .. not really sure .. you could buy something for Redah and bring it back with you .. he wanted some things, but the shipping would have cost his two times the cost of the product :p

Good luck, and have fun. Nice choice of wife BTW ;)

Josep

eyerun4phun
heres what you have to look forward too!!:) hmmm...DEFINITLY babe thread quality;)

hehe, not your av blizz! your post count;) 1337

hella good pic though!:) i'm pretty sure thats the girl from crouching tiger hidden dragon and rush hour2;)

Josep

eyerun4phun
hehe, i promise i won't post anymore, i'll save 'em for the babe thread:) anyway, yes i do have a total asian fetish right now anyway;)