What's new

Glide64 v0.4 released!

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
cool, and I contribued a little
Such help is always very appreciated, since I can't find errors which occured deeply in game, like these bugs in Banjo 2 and Destruction Derby

Flash

Technomage
Gonetz said:
Rice, it's more easy for you to test

It's not my concern. I have no relations with eVoodoo. You see, from UltraHLE time, every emulator/plugin works best only with
recommended video card. For UltraHLE it is 3dfx, for Nemu and PJ64 - NVidia.

Why only nVidia ? Radeon cards works fine too, not found any problems with Matrox Parhelia and Wildcat VP series also works great (altough using VP for games is like using gold bars as bricks) ;)

ceedj

Pencil Neck Geek
This plug-in is FABULOUS. I don't want to post on the Glide board because "posting about non-voodoo cards is not allowed", but this is very nice with the eVoodoo wrapper (3.25). I DID notice that in PJ64, I get a few plug-in "exceptions", while the same games run without exceptions in 1964.

Example - No Mercy. In PJ64, after the title screens, I get exceptions going into the game intro and the wrestlers intros, but it works fine in 1964. The only issue in 1964 is that it's not as "smooth". PJ64 runs between 59-60 VI/s while 1964 is anywhere from 45-75 VI/s.

If the author of eVoodoo gets the bugs worked out, this could be a great combo for nVidia users like myself who can't get the OpenGL stuff to work right.

Excellent job!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Gonetz said:
Doomulation, Beta 5 was final. It was sent to all testers, and to you too. Release is slightly differ from the last beta since I've made few last minute fixes
Oh I see!
So what about those paper mario combiners? I could send a fla file for you to see if they're implemted properly.
Once eVoodoo is released, I'll do a run-through in most games to see what needs be fixed!

Clements

Gonetz said:
Clements, no needs to do this. I'm pretty sure that your Glide64.ini is corrupted. It happens sometimes, I don't know why. Just copy ini file from the distributive into your plugin directory

Thanks Gonetz, that worked :)

Rice

Emulator Developer
Gonetz said:
Rice, it's more easy for you to test Glide64 than for me to test your plugin :) since you actually has GForce and voodoo cards (you told about it). Please, do a little favour for me, insert your trusty old voodoo in your PC, test Glide64 with it and tell me what you think about it. Because, yes, current version of eVoodoo has too much errors, namely:

fog in eVoodoo is very wrong, it's known problem. I'm not sure, has plugin itself correct fog everywhere or not, since I do not have real N64. I compared ZeldaOOT with shots from N64, fog looks very close to original :)

It may happen in some games, but not in many

Yes, mostly. At least, all reports from my testers about incorrect combiners were caused by eVoodoo.

e.g. trail problem in zelda oot? This problem is not fixed yet. In fact, I don't know how to fix it :(

Where? I know few games with heavy texture errors, like Vigilante 8, but supported games should not have incorrect textures

I have 2 Z-buffer modes. One of them can cause Z buffer problems, other - poke through artefacts :)

It's not my concern. I have no relations with eVoodoo. You see, from UltraHLE time, every emulator/plugin works best only with
recommended video card. For UltraHLE it is 3dfx, for Nemu and PJ64 - NVidia. I really want that everybody could enjoy my work, but I can't do anything more for that.

I managed to get my voodoo3 working again under Win98. Your plugin works amazing, for both speed and graphics quality. With 1964, it runs full speed at 1280x1024 for most games.

Here are something I found out.

- 1080, Castlevania, Zelda, fog is not there or not strong enough
- Silicon Valley, intro problem (primary depth problem)
- silicon valley, in game texture missing, flowers, energy balls (primary depth problem)
- Zelda OOT, trail problem (triangle decal problem)
- 1080, some minor color combiner problem at difficulty selection
- Mario Tennis, intro, field ground color combiner problem
- Castlevania, the overall color is brighter than it should be ( I am not very sure about this)
- Army man, air combat, textRect alignment problem, black thin lines

The plugin works fabulous with my voodoo3.

(In the meantime, I fixed a few bugs of my plugin for voodoo, it does not crash anymore, but it works like crap on my voodoo3. The major problem is texture size limition and limited color combiner by the video card. I should declare that my plugin does not support voodoo3 or lower. Voodoo owners should just use glide64.)

Great job, keep up.

Gonetz

Thanks Rice for such a complimentary opinion :) Of course, speed and quality are mostly Dave's work, but nevertheless I like to hear it.

Here are something I found out. 1080, Castlevania, Zelda, fog is not there or not strong enough
Me and Dave spent a lot of time trying to make fog to work somehow. My testers remember dozen versions of fog implemetation. Finally I found a way to make fog close to original in most games and it is how it works now. I don't know how to make it more correct with glide.

Silicon Valley, intro problem (primary depth problem) silicon valley, in game texture missing, flowers, energy balls (primary depth problem)
I've tested this game with last version of your plugin. Now I see how it must look :) Yes, it's primary depth problem, I think I can fix it. Strange, but my testers not informed me about problems in this game

Zelda OOT, trail problem (triangle decal problem)
Yes, it's known problem. Dave had implemented triangle decal support, but it does not work there for some reason. Could you give me an advice how to fix it?

Mario Tennis, intro, field ground color combiner problem
Mario Tennis has many problems, I left them to next versions

Army man, air combat, textRect alignment problem, black thin lines
Yes, I told you, it can't be in many games :)

milen

Great release Gontez!, I'm one of the lucky voodoo3 users.
Yoshi Story is running excelent and full speed.
Vrally 99 is much better, I like this game. There're some other nice changes. Gontez do you plan to work on Mario Tennis graphics. It's one of my favourite games.

Rice, will you release not crashing version of your plugin no matter what's the quality

Rice

Emulator Developer
Gonetz said:
Yes, it's known problem. Dave had implemented triangle decal support, but it does not work there for some reason. Could you give me an advice how to fix it?

Gonetz, check your private msg.

Gonetz

Yes, you did, but did you implemt them
Of course not. You don't expect from me to go through all game to that place, right? Send me fla file, if you have it. It must be as close as possible to the problem place. Please give me also short instruction, where to go from the save point.