What's new

Glide64 v0.4 released!

Martin

Administrator
I saw over at our sister site <a href="http://www.emufanatics.com">EmuFanatics</a> that a new version (0.4) of <a href="http://www.emuxhaven.net/~glide64/">Glide64</a> has been released! Great job Gonetz! :)

Here's a list of changes:

<font class=post_quote>April 15, 2003 - Glide64 v0.4 Released!

I finally feel that a new version has progressed enough to be released. I'm very pleased with the results and I hope you will be satisfied too. Many, many things have been fixed or implemented in this version, most noticeable are:

<li>Long awaited Yoshi Story support. Microcode for this game was initially implemented by Dave2001 long long time ago, right after version 0.253. So this is his last contribution to the project. When I decided to continue the project, Dave's sent me his last version. Unfortunately it did not worked for some reason, so it was not included in new versions. When I started to work on this version, I returned to this code and found the reason why it was not working. The reason was an error in Glide64 ini file. Thus, Dave's code was actually working. I have implemented missing parts of the microcode, fixed many many bugs, made some improovments and as the result Yoshi is fully playable! Some minor glitches remain though, I hope to fix them in future.
<li>When Yoshi started to live in my PC, I decided to check, can I make playable Pokemon Puzzle League - game, unsupported by any emulator or plugin. This game uses the same S2DEX microcode as in Yoshi. Actually, PPL uses 2 microcodes, and each had it's own problems. I have managed to fix most of them, so game finally is fully playable. Some parts of picture are missing due to lack of frame buffer emulation, but gameplay is not affected by this.
<li>Experience, gained in struggle with Yoshies and Pokemons, allowed me to fix numerous texture errors in V-Rally 99 and pointer problem in Bust-A-Move 2 - Arcade Edition. Both games are fully playable now.
<li>Added support for Tonic Trouble.
<li>Fixed a bug in rdp_loadtlut() function which caused severe gfx errors in Inferno area of Banjo Tooie. Thanks Straight for bug report and save file.
<li>Implemented branch_z function for F3DEX 1 ucode. This fixed all texture errors in SF Rush.
<li>Allowed negative viewport for F3DEX 2 ucode. This fixed Destruction Derby Professional Championship. Thanks Scyther for bug report and save file.
<li>Implemented moveword:move_point for RSP SW 2.0X ucode. Cruis'n USA works perfectly now!
<li>Implemented loading of title screen in games which draw image before first ProcessDList (Rayman2, Tonic Trouble, Wave Race...). Thanks Rice for indirect help,I found solution in sources of his great plugin.
<li>Implemented TextureRectangleFlip. This fixed text in Wetrix.
<li>Many many other small fixes and improvements. Please check our new compatibility list for details.
</font>

<b><a href="http://www.emulation64.com/forums/getfile.php?s=&postid=130688">Download Glide64 0.4</a>
<a href="http://www.emulation64.com/forums/getfile.php?s=&postid=130689">Download Glide64 0.4 (Source)

Clements

Its all happening now! A barrage of great releases from everybody! I'm off to get it and test, test, test. Yay! :D

Dr@mer

Sex And Drugs And Rock 'n Roll
Clements said:
Its all happening now! A barrage of great releases from everybody! I'm off to get it and test, test, test. Yay! :D
Just as you said Clements, test as much as you can.
It's very good to see N64 emulation progressing continuously
:n64: :emutalk:

Clements

Initial tests say it rocks! Yoshi's Story works! Diddy Kong Racing is 99.9% flawless! Goldeneye is faster and looks better than Jabo's apart from the explosions!

There are a lot of games that are nigh on perfect with it, but are slow, like F-Zero X, Mystical Ninja (I am envyous of Voodoo owners who get fullspeed with these!) Oh I'm just so happy!

This plugin is immense! Great with less popular games Jabo left out!

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Re: Re: Glide64 v0.4 released!

Lex said:
The source was already available for all versions

Uh okay, must have missed that. Thanks :p

Dr@mer

Oh lastly the V-Rally Menu on the beggining is now available!!!
Really really cool :n64:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Strange i didn't get a final beta :saint:
Hehe, but anyway, it's great that it's out! Now all we gotta wait for is eVoodoo :happy:

Dr@mer

Doomulation said:
Strange i didn't get a final beta :saint:
Hehe, but anyway, it's great that it's out! Now all we gotta wait for is eVoodoo :happy:

And if you saw it today over Evoodoo forum McLeod is about to
release his final release till the end of this month. :happy:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Dr@mer said:
And if you saw it today over Evoodoo forum McLeod is about to
release his final release till the end of this month. :happy:
Yeah, I saw. NEAT! 'Nuff said :D
Clements: Prolly evoodoo problem.

Clements

You're probably right, Doom.

Anyway, I can't get SM64 (!) to work!!!

I get an error like so. Can anyone confirm this? Help!

Rice

Emulator Developer
Gonetz

Great release. Combined with evoodoo, most games are runnning very good.

I have seen a few problems, worth to mention. Some of them may be caused by evoodoo.

- Fog is not emulated, could be caused by evoodoo.
- Texture alignment problem in many games, causes thin black lines.
- Incorrect color combiner problems in many games, I think this is caused by evoodoo.
- Triangle decal problem.
- Incorrect textures in a few games.
- Z buffer problems in a few games.

I believe it working much better on real Voodoo cards. But I can see combination with evoodoo needs to improve.

Rice

PS: can someone help to post these to glide64 msg board? I have not registered.

Last edited:

Knuckles

cool, and I contribued a little :p was waiting for this long time ago.

CAN PLAY POKEMON PUZZLE LEAGUE!

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Anyway, I can't get SM64 to work!!! I managed to fix it! I turned off auto detect microcode and forced microcode 0.
Clements, no needs to do this. I'm pretty sure that your Glide64.ini is corrupted. It happens sometimes, I don't know why. Just copy ini file from the distributive into your plugin directory

Gonetz

Strange i didn't get a final beta
Doomulation, Beta 5 was final. It was sent to all testers, and to you too. Release is slightly differ from the last beta since I've made few last minute fixes

Gonetz

Rice, it's more easy for you to test Glide64 than for me to test your plugin :) since you actually has GForce and voodoo cards (you told about it). Please, do a little favour for me, insert your trusty old voodoo in your PC, test Glide64 with it and tell me what you think about it. Because, yes, current version of eVoodoo has too much errors, namely:

- Fog is not emulated, could be caused by evoodoo.
fog in eVoodoo is very wrong, it's known problem. I'm not sure, has plugin itself correct fog everywhere or not, since I do not have real N64. I compared ZeldaOOT with shots from N64, fog looks very close to original :)

- Texture alignment problem in many games, causes thin black lines.
It may happen in some games, but not in many

Incorrect color combiner problems in many games, I think this is caused by evoodoo.
Yes, mostly. At least, all reports from my testers about incorrect combiners were caused by eVoodoo.

Triangle decal problem.
e.g. trail problem in zelda oot? This problem is not fixed yet. In fact, I don't know how to fix it :(

Incorrect textures in a few games
Where? I know few games with heavy texture errors, like Vigilante 8, but supported games should not have incorrect textures

Z buffer problems in a few games
I have 2 Z-buffer modes. One of them can cause Z buffer problems, other - poke through artefacts :)

I can see combination with evoodoo needs to improve
It's not my concern. I have no relations with eVoodoo. You see, from UltraHLE time, every emulator/plugin works best only with
recommended video card. For UltraHLE it is 3dfx, for Nemu and PJ64 - NVidia. I really want that everybody could enjoy my work, but I can't do anything more for that.