What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Glide64 can now do texture dumping!!

OP
Legend

Legend

New version! Update 10! Go try it out and report any issues on the forums over there. http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6490

BTW, to some of you, with descent hardware Perfect Dark is pretty much 100% perfect with everything emulated!! That's pretty much the case for the rest of your N64 games.

For all of you who don't bother trying Glide64, I promise you that you're sacrificing quality in all your games. For my collection, the only game it doesn't better emulate is Mario Tennis. Everyone should try this. It takes 5 seconds to download the meg file and extract to the plugins folder, leave on defaults and play your games. It is the best out there!! Don't be complacent with Jabo and Rice's. Use what emulates your games the best. Why would anyone want to do anything different?

cerebus5

Well, I know it's a great plugin and all but it's definitely buggy with my Perfect Dark. And there's nothing wrong with my PC - Rice's plays it at 1024 resolution with no slowdown. It just does this thing where if I look at a certain angle the screen goes black. And that is with the older and newer version, at 640 resolution, on PJ64 AND 1964. So I have kinda narrowed it down to the plugin.

Xenobond

Double 0 Reject
New version! Update 10! Go try it out and report any issues on the forums over there. http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6490

BTW, to some of you, with descent hardware Perfect Dark is pretty much 100% perfect with everything emulated!! That's pretty much the case for the rest of your N64 games.

For all of you who don't bother trying Glide64, I promise you that you're sacrificing quality in all your games. For my collection, the only game it doesn't better emulate is Mario Tennis. Everyone should try this. It takes 5 seconds to download the meg file and extract to the plugins folder, leave on defaults and play your games. It is the best out there!! Don't be complacent with Jabo and Rice's. Use what emulates your games the best. Why would anyone want to do anything different?

Well damn! I'm gonna definitely look into it now. I doubt I'll want to use any of my old stuff I made for Perfect Dark. Those things are pretty terrible by now(except some of the stuff from Chicago).

OP
Legend

Legend

Well, I know it's a great plugin and all but it's definitely buggy with my Perfect Dark. And there's nothing wrong with my PC - Rice's plays it at 1024 resolution with no slowdown. It just does this thing where if I look at a certain angle the screen goes black. And that is with the older and newer version, at 640 resolution, on PJ64 AND 1964. So I have kinda narrowed it down to the plugin.

Uh, what version of rom are you using? What are your computer specs? Did you leave everything at default? Can you try to use the included "Glchecker" app to test your hardware and see what that says? Mulitplayer has a couple weird things but they're are workarounds for it all in the readme. But Single Player should be better than the original. :santa:

cerebus5

I've got the Perfect Dark [E] rom. And nothing shows strange on my hardware. i haven't got the greatest computer but it's perfectly fine for running the N64 emulators - Core Duo 1 .8, 7300 GS, 2 GB ram, XP 32 bit.

Datadayne

I getting the same result cerebus, and I just upgraded my computer.

Other than Perfect Dark, Glide64 seems to work with all the roms I currently have.

KoolSmoky

that's a relief I thought it was me.

This thread is getting slightly off topic. As for Perfect Dark, use Glide64 'Napalm' public release 1.0 and it shall work without any problems. If you are using Glide64WS or Glide64HQ, you should be aware that you are using an experimental version of Glide64 and something may have been broken in the course of adding new features.

BTW, if you encounter a problem with any of the official or experimental version of Glide64, please give feedbacks over at http://glide64.emuxhaven.net, so it gets noticed by all the developers and beta testers.

-KoolSmoky

Nelde

i know, maybe i'm blind but i just can't find the option that allows me to dump textures... it should be in the glide64 settings, shouldn't it?

Nelde

thanks, found it. but now i have another problem.
glide64 loads the hires textures, but he doesn't display them properly. for example:
pilzfo4.png

i have resized the mushroom's head texture four times. but glide now only displays one fourth of the texture (so only the part that is the same size as the original texture).

does anyone know what to do?

edit: i just found out that it displays every texture wrong, even those that are in the exact same size as the original ones.

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
thanks, found it. but now i have another problem.
glide64 loads the hires textures, but he doesn't display them properly. for example:
pilzfo4.png

i have resized the mushroom's head texture four times. but glide now only displays one fourth of the texture (so only the part that is the same size as the original texture).

does anyone know what to do?

edit: i just found out that it displays every texture wrong, even those that are in the exact same size as the original ones.
Does Rice display it better? Because I never had that big problems, that Glide displays ALL textures wrong.
If Rice display it wrong, then you did something wrong.

Nelde

rice does display it as it should be.
but i did 2 logos with the highres easer and glide64 doesn't have any problems with those.

Elite Knight

Nintedo Fan Mad
Hey guys sorry i'v been away been extreamly busy with school and friends.

I tested this on my pc's and my laptop.

Specs

My Pc: Dule Cards 2X ATI HD4870 1GB = 2GB Over All: 8GB Kingston DDR3 2000Mhz Ram: Western Digital Caviar Green 5X 1TB = 5 TerraBytes 32 MB Cache 7200 RPM RAID 0 Set Up: Intel Core 2 Extreme Processor QX9775 3.02Ghz Front Side Bus: 1600 Mhz: Windows XP Pro 64Bit System.

My Laptop: ATI HD2600 512MB: 4GB DDR2 800Mhz Ram: 600Gb Space: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9500 3.0 Ghz Front Side Bus: 1024 Mhz: Windows Vista Ultimate 32Bit Service Pack 1.

Every thing works great.

Hope to see more updates.

Last edited:

Nelde

so, here's a comparison between rice and glide. left (rice) as it should be and right (glide) as it shouldn't be.

riceglidepq7.png

does anyone have an idea what's wrong?

oh and glide seems to be displaying everything less colorful than rice, it isn't a big difference, but since i'm testing the textures (that are meant to be played with glide) with rice, i don't get exactly what i intended. is there a way to change that?

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
So I was very exited and wanted to start retexturing again. But Glide doesn't load half of my textures? How can I fix that? Or do I have to remake them all?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
So I was very exited and wanted to start retexturing again. But Glide doesn't load half of my textures? How can I fix that? Or do I have to remake them all?
That's the biggest problem for most of us.
I guess we have to redump them with glide, so they will load definitevely.
You should try Napalm, too, because it seem to accept some textures for me HQ + won't.

Aight12

so, here's a comparison between rice and glide. left (rice) as it should be and right (glide) as it shouldn't be.

riceglidepq7.png

does anyone have an idea what's wrong?

oh and glide seems to be displaying everything less colorful than rice, it isn't a big difference, but since i'm testing the textures (that are meant to be played with glide) with rice, i don't get exactly what i intended. is there a way to change that?

I don't know.. what Rayman 2 texture are you using? I'll try it.. maybe ill be able to fix it :plain: