What's new

Glide64 0.8 'Wonder' released

OP
T

Trotterwatch

Mace the dark age - another wrapper issue; menus = near perfect (congrats), in game however the players are missing ALA Dark Rift.

Zeckensaks wrapper looks great however (albeit missing menus). Still perfectly playable.

/Edit

Excellent work on ISS64 btw :) 2 thumbs up

Last edited:
OP
T

Trotterwatch

I can't use GLSL - so if you can, maybe thats the issue?

I can't use HW FB in the wrapper either, I think for the same reason.

olivieryuyu

Trotterwatch said:
I can't use GLSL - so if you can, maybe thats the issue?

I can't use HW FB in the wrapper either, I think for the same reason.

HWFBE is not supported by any wrapper

GLSL is not required to have a good emulation with the wrapper

it seems a driver issue afaik ...

olivieryuyu

Trotterwatch said:
Mace the dark age - another wrapper issue; menus = near perfect (congrats), in game however the players are missing ALA Dark Rift.

Zeckensaks wrapper looks great however (albeit missing menus). Still perfectly playable.

/Edit

Excellent work on ISS64 btw :) 2 thumbs up

can you try with depth render off ?

may be it can solve some wrapper issue ...

??

OP
T

Trotterwatch

With Hack's wrapper I always keep Depth Render off as I believe it doesn't work at the moment? Regardless off or on the result is the same.

Interesting wireframe mode doesn't seem to show much activity with Hacks wrapper yet it works with the other one.

Not a major issue. As I mentioned to keep an air of positivity, this is most impressive work all around :)

olivieryuyu

Trotterwatch said:
With Hack's wrapper I always keep Depth Render off as I believe it doesn't work at the moment? Regardless off or on the result is the same.

Interesting wireframe mode doesn't seem to show much activity with Hacks wrapper yet it works with the other one.

Not a major issue. As I mentioned to keep an air of positivity, this is most impressive work all around :)

depth render works with Hacktarux except with RE2

you can see for example coronas in many games. PD an Jet Force Gemini are still uncorrect though

but you can try it with 1080 snowboarding, it's working pretty well :)

anyway it's wrapper issue. Beta testing was quite intensive so such bugs would have been detected for a while now ...

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Glide64 seems to have all sorts of trouble with hack's wrapper. Testing CBFD, hack's wrapper kept on just stopping animation while the core continued. It started again for a couple seconds than died. Hack's wrapper also crashes whenever I try to go fullscreen with it. I get a bunch of OpenGL warnings when I start it up, maybe it will work when I disable GLSL. I'm too tired to play with it right now though. On the bright side, zeckensacks wrapper does fine with it. Strange

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
This is what happens to me each time I save/load save, enable/disable fullscreen. Although games still work, it's still friggin' annoying.

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Thanks, that fixed a lot of the issues Glide64 had with hack's wrapper, but framebuffer was still there! the pause screen still worked in Conker and Banjo-Tooie, and the Jigsaw was emulated nicely (albeit slow).

Clements

Hardware Framebuffer is not supported by wrappers (only real Voodoo cards), but software framebuffer is (at least with Hacktarux's)

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Turning off Hardware Framebuffer fixed that annoying issue, (as if having it on helped in the first place). I don't see any difference in the visual department, but that retarded error went away. Does zeckensack's wrapper not have HWFB inherently? BTW, why do the shadows flicker and have weird lines?

Last edited:
OP
T

Trotterwatch

The HWFB is a way to get FB effects with minimal speed hit, the wrapper doesn't support it. So by being switched on all you will see is those 2 errors without any speed difference either way.

Don't think Zeckensacks supports it either I'm afraid.

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Which of the two glide wrappers is the best? I have a eVGA GeForce FX 5700 LE with drivers 71.89, so which would have the best overall results (in terms of compatibility, graphics quality, and version), Zeckensacks or Hacktarux's wrapper?

OP
T

Trotterwatch

Hacktarux's wrapper is the recommended one and should by and large give better results.

Zeckensack's wrapper unfortunately doesn't support multitexturing at the moment. This wrapper is needed for RE2 to work (read the compat list).

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Where can I download hacktarux's wrapper? Once I download it, do I unistall the Zeckensack's Wrapper and then put Hacktarux's glide3x.dll file in the PJ64 directory?

OP
T

Trotterwatch

You already have it, check the Glide64 file....

And as I believe what Glide3x.dll is in the Emulator directory will overide all other Glide3x files, so if you wish to use Zeckensacks for any games, just move the other one.

Windman

Hello !!!
How can I fix the crash with Spacestation Silicon Valley (I have a black screen) ?
Thanks for this release !!!

Last edited: