What's new

glide3x bug? in 1964/PJ64 emu + glide64 +winXP

ggab

Emutalk Member
a rare glide3x bug? in glide64, winXP & voodoo3

the first time u run the emu (0.99) and load a game with glide64 v0.5 video plugin, the screen has some artifact bugs: glide3x from amigasport3 and others glide3x i try, all the some bug, and only in XP happens, not in 9x.
Also i tried with the compatibility mode (to choose 98/me win2000, etc) and no matter i choose, all the same. :-(
The screen has some pieces of white boxes in some little areas (about 5*10 pixels in 4 places at the hole screen), there will be there until u press ESC and return game or exit that game and open again.
i'll draw an example, X are the white boxes that are in the screen, also there are flashing at about a refresh of 1 or 1,5hz, and the " . " points are normal pixels in screen, the image are correct, only affects the little rectangules in the screen that stay there forever, until you do the 2 tips above...
No image can't post, because with Screen capture "F12 key" doesn't appear in the bmp file.

-------------------------------
|.........................................|
|....x....................................|
|................................x........|
|..............x..........................|
|.......................x.................|
-------------------------------
this is a very rare bug, somebody have this bug too?
my spec:
voodoo3 + amigasport3 video driver (from www.3dfxzone.it) + xp sp1 + athon 1700+ + via kt266a (DDR)

EDIT: i have change/update some info...

Last edited:

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
First thing to do in this type of situation is to try different drivers. Chances are this'll fix your problem. You can also try a different plugin. Someone got Rice's working well on a Voodoo card in another thread.

Qun Mang

nuqDaq 'oH puchpa''e'
ggab said:
yes, Qun Mang, this thread it's from me...

Heh. Just looked again and saw that it was indeed you. My bad. :D

Did you try some different drivers as I also mentioned, or did you go with your Rice's + mesa solution?

Last edited: