What's new

Genesis NTSC filter plugin and my emu

mudlord

Banned
I actually had a chance to talk to blargg about his filter code.

Apparently, Steve Snake already wrote a Kega Fusion NTSC filter RPI file for Kega Fusion to support sms_ntsc. Although, he never released it. I'm glad though you had a chance to code it, as I'm sure a lot of people are interested in a NTSC filter for Kega Fusion.

Any chance of source code for the filter?

mudlord

Banned
Did some testing of your emu.

Gave it a test run of Sonic the HedgeHog, and it ran flawlessly. No graphics glitches from what I seen. Sound's pretty good too.

Nice job.

OP
A

AamirM

Hi,

I forgot to upload the sources of the plugin. You can download it from here. Also this is not sms_ntsc it is the md_ntsc plugin. There is also a custom blitter included to double the height.

stay safe,

AamirM

Last edited:

pcuser2008

PC Guru
looking good just tried the emulator with sonic 1 and it pretty smooth. I been waiting for some new megadrive emulator to come out. also i dont get Pentium 4 / Pentium 3 optimised build thing i use an amd

mudlord

Banned
I forgot to upload the sources of the plugin. You can download it from here. Also this is not sms_ntsc it is the md_ntsc plugin. There is also a custom blitter included to double the height.

Ah, I never knew blargg wrote a md_ntsc filter. Maybe it wasn't public. I know blargg wrote snes_ntsc, sms_ntsc, and nes_ntsc, but never a md_ntsc variant.

Thanks for the source though, its really helpful.

OP
A

AamirM

Hi,

looking good just tried the emulator with sonic 1 and it pretty smooth. I been waiting for some new megadrive emulator to come out. also i dont get Pentium 4 / Pentium 3 optimised build thing i use an amd

If it supports SSE2 intruction set then you should use Pentium 4 version.

Also note that the md_ntsc plugin is not finished by blargg. As I said it is only for testing. There may be problems with it. If you find any problems please do tell me although the fix may come at a later time as I am in the middle of writing my own 68k emulator.

stay safe,

AamirM

smcd

I have an amd64 3800+ and the p3 version runs, the p4 version doesn't "do anything" (no window appears). Any ideas? (Yes I know amd != intel, etc)

SpiDoL

Hello,

I tried the filter and it works great.

Now are you able to change the Hue, Saturation, Gamma, etc.? And if you can, how do you do it?

kode54

Kega would like it very much if the plug-in would observe the SrcPitch argument, like so:

Code:
md_ntsc_blit_y2( ntsc, (unsigned short *)rpo->SrcPtr, rpo->SrcPitch / 2, rpo->SrcW, rpo->SrcH-1, rpo->DstPtr, rpo->DstPitch );

At least 272x240 source size has a different pitch than its width.

OP
A

AamirM

Hi,

@SpiDol
The only way to change those parameters is by modifying the source and creating your own set-up. I'll add these options but it will take some time(since I am now working on emulating SVP) and will only work in my emu.

@kode54
Thanks for the info. I didn't try it in kega much.

stay safe,

AamirM

Last edited:
OP
A

AamirM

Hi,

I am uploading a new version of the emu with some frontend problems and some other emulation related problems fixed. Athlon version is also available now. The links are in my first post.

stay safe,

AamirM

Last edited:

pmc2

Hi,

I am uploading a new version of the emu with some frontend problems and some other emulation related problems fixed. Athlon version is also available now. You can get them from here.

stay safe,

AamirM

Hi and thanks for your work !!

Just one thing:
It is possible to upload files on rapidshare or speedyshare etc..
because file2you = activex/plugin obligatory

Thanks !

ps: sorry for my poor english -_-

fastfinger

Just to let everyone know, when I tried to get the activex from File2you to install on Tuesday, I got a warning from Norton that a Trojan (Iexplore.exe) was trying to install itself in my system.

Norton was able to stop it and a scan of my registry and of my C:\drive showed that the registry was now referring to a c:\windows\iexplorer.exe file.

I deleted the registry key and my system seems to be normal. I am not 100% sure this was a trojan but I preferred not to take a chance.

Regards,

OP
A

AamirM

Just to let everyone know, when I tried to get the activex from File2you to install on Tuesday, I got a warning from Norton that a Trojan (Iexplore.exe) was trying to install itself in my system.

Norton was able to stop it and a scan of my registry and of my C:\drive showed that the registry was now referring to a c:\windows\iexplorer.exe file.

I deleted the registry key and my system seems to be normal. I am not 100% sure this was a trojan but I preferred not to take a chance.

Regards,

Hi,

Sorry about that.They must have introduced it recently. Anyways I have uploaded the files somewhere else. The links are updated.

Stay safe,

AamirM