What's new

GeForce4 - No longer the fastest ?

sya64

Rom Finder #-Z
myromsiteisl33t.net
:eek:
GeForce4 - No longer the fastest ?
Posted by MasJ @ EDT 12:02 | UIN:57687069 | Message Boards
Yes folks, the impossible has happened, there appears a new winner, a card faster than the GeForce4 Titanium, this card, is titled the Matrox Parhelia™-512. The card boasts of many features which includes high fidelity graphics, a 15 micron GPU and also 256MB of DDR memory amongst other things!! Sounds interesting, you can get more details on this stunning power horse @ MATROX.

---------------------------

wanna bet?
goto the website(above:plain2: ) and look for
Featured and go down press Scene News.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Yeah, and the card would probably cost a shitload of money. I don`t think that I would pay that much money for a card just because it supports a few DX9 features...
But, that might mean that the prices for the other cards would drop.

adi

get out of my house
dammit, nvidia need some competiton to lower their prices. but at least they make good cards with great drivers, but their price has put me off upgrading my geforce2mx

Josep

eyerun4phun
omg, first of all, starting price, just for people that are guessing is $450, initial drivers for games will be shit, and pretty much no games so far support half of what that card can really do, and who here can seriously say they trust matrox? we should make a pole for that;) Nyway, ti4400 is where its at;) i found one at a comfortable 235, abit is probably the way to go brand wise, all though you can't go wrong except for maybe with eVGA, (terrible cooling) Unless you have the money for this one shot card, as it looks like so far, aah *thumbs down* for right now

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I have only had two matrox cards, both realy pissed me off, almost as much as some of the ATI cards I've had. I hate to be a one brand person, but nvidia cards are all that satisfy me at the time being. On a second note though, I know some people who still use a TNT2 and get plenty of FPS (40+) on even todays most demanding games, with most (if not all?) of the gfx options turned on. The only reason I own a geforce is for the high texture support in UT. I have a geforce 3 on one of my computers and it looks like it runs the same. (you cant notice over 60fps).

(grrr... who can stand visiting that emu site with its popups?)

Slougi

When it is released it will propably be, but we shall see. Of course there is gonna be a card that is faster soon after it, but I am most propably getting it as my experience with Matrox has been very positive so far. (Original Millenium and G400MAX)

OP
sya64

sya64

Rom Finder #-Z
Yeah!
U are right we will see which video card is the fastest.
We will see...

Josep

eyerun4phun
my tnt2 can still play games allright;) o yea, new drivers for geforce4's have been said to be able to increase performance allot in the future.;)

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
The TNT2->GF3 upgrade I did did nothing to performance in emus (although MW4 and a couple other games suddenly had FPS through the roof, 85+ from <15, w00t!)

I too am very skeptical that Matrox could come out with a GF4 (or GF3 for that matter) killer.

thine_impalor

Local spammer
wha'bout workstation gfx cards???

correct me if i'm wrong but aren't the workstation gfx cards much more powerful?????? like those cards from 3Dlabs and even nvidia has 1 i think, they cost hmm......nearly $1000 i think......so OBVIOUSLY they must be more powerful....

Slougi

Of course, for example the wildcat cards by 3DLabs are very powerful, have superb drivers, accurate rendering, and cost an arm, a leg, a kidney and your grandma.

Tesla-Guy

Josep said:
my tnt2 can still play games allright;)
LMAO you must be joking
pIII 1GHz + tnt2 = 20fps in b&w, 800x600x16bit i never deared to try 32bit :eek:
my pc = 50fps in b&w, 1600x1200x32bit

Tesla-Guy

Tk64 said:
The TNT2->GF3 upgrade I did did nothing to performance in emus
Doh.
Try 1600x1200 on, err let's say excitebike64 (lotsa 2d stuff slower rendering) on your tnt2 and then on your gf3ti. ph33r

PS. :bunny: <=-=-=- what's that?

thine_impalor

Local spammer
tnt2 sux

LMAO you must be joking pIII 1GHz + tnt2 = 20fps in b&w, 800x600x16bit i never deared to try 32bit
my pc = 50fps in b&w, 1600x1200x32bit
what Tesla says is QUITE true
except for the n64 games that run at the norm of 60fps average at 1024X768, i wouldn't DARE running, say Medal of honor or giants or alice with 32bit at a resoultion of higher than 800X600 and low detail models etc...i have seen the other screenshots of medal of honor and the game looks BEAUtiful.....can't use that on MY pc but luckily i think i HAVE managed to convince my parents to get one.....