What's new

GBA emu on GP32

Zilla

夢を見られた
hehe. :afro: Imagine if someone was able to write an N-gage emu for the GP32 as well?

:freak:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
GP32 doesn't have the CPU power to do N-GAGE.

Edit: For reference, GP32 is known to go up to 166MHz overclocked, while N-GAGE is stock 104MHz. There simply isn't enough headroom to do the emulation.

Zilla

夢を見られた
cheers, thanks for that info. What about utilising some form of Java JRE, some games on the symbian platform are written this way, e.g; such as downloadable Puyo-Puyo Clones?

Possible?

jollyrancher

The GP32 is never going to be fast enough to run GBA games at full speed, but I'm starting to think that this type of system isn't that bad of an idea. If you could make a handheld the size of a GBA that could:

1. Have a 300mhz+ CPU that could play NES/SNES/Genesis/Game Boy Color/ MAME/CPS2/NeoGeo games through emulation.
2. Have enough storage for the equivalent of 5 NeoGeo games and a full-length Divx-encoded movie... actually even if it had 50meg memory cards that would work.
3. Function as a PDA.
4. Have an easy USB-based transfer system.

I'd seriously consider getting something like that if went up against the Sony PSP. You figure one of these Palm-based PCs will get that powerful in the next few years.

Last edited:

sheik124

Emutalk Member
one word, Microsoft Pocket PC
there is already flawless NES/SNES/SMS_GG/SMD emulation, and heck that is good enough for me