What's new

GB on Mobile Phones

oDD

/me odd
Macca said:
yah seems like you can play gameboy games on yuor nokia 3650 or 7650 with this emulator port.

http://www.wildpalm.co.uk/GoBoy7650.htm

if someone has one of them phones, give it a go to see if its real, would be pretty decent.

Damn I wish it was written in Java, then a lot more mobiles could use it and I might be able to play it on my T610. Looks good nonetheless.

Davemc

Dave
Same here vamp. We must be missing the point somewhere. :sp_canada
I don't even use text messages. Why pay 10 or 12p for a text message when you can have a whole conversation for the same price?

Plisco

Sevillian
You may have a contract and may get free text messages. Getting this phone when my current contract expires (roughly arround christmas) :D

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
This could easily become mainstream to the point that everybody is swapping roms like MP3s...I wonder if nintendo will launch another massive anti-emulator campaign like they did when ultrahle first came out?

OP
Macca

Macca

sms are dirt cheap here as low as 5c when on prepaid.

i only recently (today) used bluetooth on my phone to play a game of battleships with a mate, pretty cool :p

Gorxon

Administrator
I own a 3650 and yes, its real and works pretty good. v1.2 that is. Now they released v1.3 which you even have to pay to get sound and zip support (perhaps even in violation of GPL i dunno). Also, they implemented frame skip making it very choppy and almost useless. Only new good feature in 1.3 is custom keys...which infortunately is a necessary one, and thus i have to stick with the less better version, 1.3. Now if they only could pull off a smooth version with sound support for free..

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Gorxon said:
I own a 3650 and yes, its real and works pretty good. v1.2 that is. Now they released v1.3 which you even have to pay to get sound and zip support (perhaps even in violation of GPL i dunno). Also, they implemented frame skip making it very choppy and almost useless. Only new good feature in 1.3 is custom keys...which infortunately is a necessary one, and thus i have to stick with the less better version, 1.3. Now if they only could pull off a smooth version with sound support for free..

Was this emulator a port of another one?

Gorxon

Administrator
AlphaWolf said:
Was this emulator a port of another one?

Yes, its a port of GNUboy. I have already mailed the authors of GNUboy and made them aware of it, but im not sure if its illegal to sell gnu gpl licensed software as long as you provide source for free?

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Gorxon said:
Yes, its a port of GNUboy. I have already mailed the authors of GNUboy and made them aware of it, but im not sure if its illegal to sell gnu gpl licensed software as long as you provide source for free?

They can sell the software for money just fine, but they have to provide the sourcecode to anybody who requests it. This basically means, if you want the sourcecode to the emulator, all you have to do is ask them for it and they have to give it to you, if not, they are violating the copyright of the original author. If they absolutely refuse to give you the source, then they must halt distribution of the binaries immediately.