What's new

Gauntlet legends: bugging me off...

Dr_shadow

Well, here's the deal: I have Gauntlet Legends, and It's supposedly a good ROM... BUT, when I try to play it, the only thing I get is a black screen... you can see my specs in my profile, and I have already tried three plugins with the same results (Gln64, Glide64+evoodoo, and Jabo's), but keep getting the same result... am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Ok... got it running... BUT (and that's a big but), when I start playing, it flickers, the image shrinks to one corner of the screen regulary, and it ends up crashing, and yes... IT'S a good rom (with the [!] and all), and, well, If you feel like seeing my sysconfig, then it's this one:

pentium 3 750Mhz.
SiS motherboard Gfxcel-Pc133 (I think)
327 MB DDR RAM
40 GB HD Maxtor
20 GB slave
Integrated sound and video (32MB of video)

Last edited:

ackmondual

Dr_shadow said:
Well, here's the deal: I have Gauntlet Legends, and It's supposedly a good ROM... BUT, when I try to play it, the only thing I get is a black screen... you can see my specs in my profile, and I have already tried three plugins with the same results (Gln64, Glide64+evoodoo, and Jabo's), but keep getting the same result... am I doing something wrong?

My rom is good too, but the rom launcher screen of P64 reports errors with default video, specifically:
-missing status bar
-flickering

it seems that no1 has figured out how to fix those issues across a variety of plugins, and for them, they don't play it b/c they can't (at least w/P64 anyways).