What's new

GameEx 4.98 Released *Update

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
GameEx 4.97 Released

Category: <b>Arcade</b><br><br>A new version of the gaming frontend GameEx has been released. Here is the changes for version 4.97.

Update: Version 4.98 has been released. Below is the changes for both 4.97 and 4.98

<font style="font-size: 12px"><strong>•</strong></font> New Advanced MAME setting to bypass disclaimer and warning screens.
<font style="font-size: 12px"><strong>•</strong></font> Updated MNG/Snap Video player.
<font style="font-size: 12px"><strong>•</strong></font> Should hopefully fix issues with GameEx closing when launched from Media Center.
<font style="font-size: 12px"><strong>•</strong></font> Now uses -verifyroms instead of -verifysets (removed in latest MAME builds)
<font style="font-size: 12px"><strong>•</strong></font> Huge thanks to DJROBX for help with this release.

<font style="font-size: 12px"><strong>•</strong></font> GameEx will no longer install if .net framework 2.0 (Beta) is installed.
<font style="font-size: 12px"><strong>•</strong></font> This will hopefully involve less support queries, and needless bug reports.
<font style="font-size: 12px"><strong>•</strong></font> Experimental command line option, to create .mng videos for all MAME parent games. -createvideos
<font style="font-size: 12px"><strong>•</strong></font> The created videos can of course be previewed in GameEx, but at the time of writing be aware MNG support in MAME still has a few issues.
<font style="font-size: 12px"><strong>•</strong></font> I'm really hoping come MAME 1.0 this will be an awesome feature for a front end.

Head on over to the official site for more information.

:: GameEx Official Site
:: GameEx 4.97

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Awesome! I'll be grabbing this tomorrow, will work perfectly for my emulation PC since its built to support my HotRod SE Joystick.