What's new

Gamecube & DVD-Drive

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
Hi!
I just want to know, how i can play games on NGC-emus(in the near future ;))?
I mean... do i have to download isos or is it possible to play with
the original gamedisks on a DVD-drive?

OP
F

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
Why should I ask you for something like that? Just because I'm new in this forum? I know the rules! -i know where to find, what am i searching for.... but i thougt it is maybe possible because of maybe some plugins that make it readable or something like that.
PS. I love my NGC!
and I think it would be funny playing Mariokart over the internet in the future (just like PJ64k)

Last edited:

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
I didn't mean to insult your intelligence, it's just quite a bit of "newbies" are idiots and ask for ROMs after a post like that.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Actually Double Dash isn't online, you can hook up a bunch of GCNs with a network and play that. I'm a little pissed at that. I mean, how many people do you know that have 4 TV's, 4GCN's, 4 Network Adapters, etc. etc. Oi, why couldn't Nintendo just take the plunge into online gaming?

2fast4u

GogoTheMimic said:
And do NOT ask for GCN ISOs or you will be banned and kicked in the nuts, promptly.

chill out. in terms of being a newbie the teapot just called the kettle back.

2fast4u

Doomulation said:
You know it's possible on the real console, right? :)

actually didnt nintendo dump its online plans for it? you can play in a LAN with the broadband adapters, but internet no.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Stezo2k said:
how did starcube manage to rip over 10 GC games then?

With a seriously wacked out modded Gamecube, I've seen screens of the cube the use to rip, or should i say, former cube, its cracked open, the main board has a port added, and then it runs i think through lan or mayhaps USB, this is defintaly not something a lot of people are doing.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
2fast4u said:
actually didnt nintendo dump its online plans for it? you can play in a LAN with the broadband adapters, but internet no.
*Shrug*
But afaik, as long as there is a network adapter, it can still be put to play online by some means.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
WarpPipe is being working on. If it goes well, you could play thos gc games online.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
2fast4u said:
chill out. in terms of being a newbie the teapot just called the kettle back.

Pah. I disagree. Just because I don't post that often doesn't make me a newbie. Sure, I'm a newbie compared to you but I looked around this forum for a while before I signed up.

OP
F

FloW3184

Emu_and_Mobile_Freak
FloW3184 said:
and I think it would be funny playing Mariokart over the internet in the future (just like PJ64k)

Don't you know that mariokart 64 is playable over the internet via PJ64k???
I think that it is possible with ngc mariokart too (in maybe 1 or 2 years)

2fast4u

GogoTheMimic said:
Pah. I disagree. Just because I don't post that often doesn't make me a newbie. Sure, I'm a newbie compared to you but I looked around this forum for a while before I signed up.

disagree all you like. i dont judge persons by their post count, but by their attitude. see your own post for reference.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
2fast4u said:
disagree all you like. i dont judge persons by their post count, but by their attitude. see your own post for reference.

You are indeed a rare breed then. Most people do.