What's new

Fusion 3.0 (Maple) released

Clements

SteveSnake has updated Fusion to v3 (Maple) and here are the changes:

<br /><font class="post_quote">* Fixed problem with 32X PWM when changing SampleRate.
* Added Genesis Border Colour Emulation, and option to disable it.
* Small fix to 6 button pad code (Double Switch - thanks TascoDeluxe).
* Much improved Sega Mouse support.
* Config Dialog now remembers what page you were on :)
* Removed ISO/BIN reading for SegaCD - this is now handled by the BIN/CUE engine. You won't notice any difference, but trust me, its better ;-)
* Fixed bug in BIN/CUE engine when multiple files were used.
* Added MP3 support to the BIN/CUE engine. Yes, this means that Fusion now supports ISO/MP3. Fusion uses the Windows Codec and therefore contains no patented algorithms. Too many people asked for this feature, so although I didn't really want it, it's now there.
* VSync now works in Windowed mode. Be aware that this can severely slow down the emulator, especially if your monitor is not set to a multiple of 50hz or 60hz, depending on the region of the game you are playing.
* Made improvements to both Standard and Alternate Timing modes.
* Added Pro Action Replay support for the Genesis.
* Added GameGenie and Pro Action Replay support for the GameGear and Master System.
* Added CodeFinder for Pro Action Replay.
* Fusion should now be compatible with WinXP Visual Styles.
* Added "Fast Forward" mode. Probably doesn't work if VSync is enabled...
* Various small optimisations.
* Fixed a couple of minor issues affecting the SegaCD BIOS CD Player only.
* When Fixed Aspect is disabled, Filtering is enabled, and you are running an NTSC (USA/JAP) game, the screen will now be slightly stretched. This works for all consoles. Stretching does not happen for PAL games, because PAL TVs show more lines than NTSC TVs, and because some PAL games use the extra portion of the screen (Virtua Fighter 32X, for example). And no, it doesn't completely remove the Master System border. That would look very, very wrong.
* Now supports up to 24 Render Plugins. This should now be way more than enough.
* Switched around the naming of the various Scanline modes. People like it better this way.
* Fusion will now start in fullscreen mode if it was exited from that mode.
* Other stuff that I've forgotten.</font><br />

http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-index.php?page=Kega

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
* VSync now works in Windowed mode. Be aware that this can severely slow down the emulator, especially if your monitor is not set to a multiple of 50hz or 60hz, depending on the region of the game you are playing.

Awesome! thats one of the features I wanted most.. and the fast fwd sweetens the deal.

edit: I just noticed the MP3 thing, OMFG!!! :p Kega fusion is mopping the floor with gens.

Last edited: