What's new

Full PSP specs released!

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
When sony released the playstation, nintendo told their customers that CDs suck.

I wonder what nintendo will tell them this time? :happy:

blizz

wrong forum dipstick

/me starts a sweep stakes on when the lazy mods in here will move this thread

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Dammit! So being so friggin' selfish! Emulation is nice, but it shouldn't do piracy! If you want a game--go buy it! Don't hope that some fool will rip the game for free so you can download it and play it!

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Emulation will still go on, I mean, people thought that the PS2, XBOX and GC would be hard to crack, lets do a run down shall we?

Playstation 2: Normal DVD Data format, easy to rip to ISO, PCSX2 is the only emulator near running games and the BIOS.

XBOX: Abnormal DVD format, ripping can be easy with the use of a XBOX and a Mod chip :), CXBX runs its first game! Not all the way but you get the idea ;)

GameCube: A Pain in the ass DVD format, ripping is only done by one person but (I cant continue this subject any further ;)), This mysterious GC emu that emulated the low level part of the GC but all emus have their start :).

In about 4 years, look at the challenges that this community as faced, we havent tackled them all the way but they are slowly falling into the vice grips called EMULATION!
:D

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
With specs like that, I seriously don't see how PSP could be remotely considered a "Handheld" (and thus a competitor for GBA) unless its battery life is just embarrassingly low.

Remote

And unless they are planning on loosing a lot of money per every PSP sold I can't see it going for less then 199 usd...

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Sorry, that came out kind of wrong. The GBA is supposed to be a little more powerful than the SNES and the PSP, AFAIK, is supposed to be at the PSX level, right?

The PSP specs blow the GBA out of the water, most definetely.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
PSP isn't supposed to be right at the PS1 level... actually it's much closer to PS2 level, which is why it can't compete with GBA as a "handheld".

That's like saying GBA is dominating PS2 because it's selling better - hell no, it isn't dominating PS2, they're in two totally different markets!

Mr. Binks

Gungan Punk
AlphaWolf said:
I wonder what nintendo will tell them this time? :happy:

So, is Nintendo shaking in its boots? "We really aren't," says George Harrison, Nintendo's senior VP of marketing. "In some ways, we've been expecting Sony to jump into the portable area since 1989, and for the next couple of years (2003-2004), we're in very good shape. We've always focused on value and keeping Game Boy under $100, so we're anxious to see what price point they establish and the approach they take."

EGM #169 (August 2003) Pg. 42