What's new

FIS 1.0 Released!!

Olger901

Banned
Hello guys. I have been programming in VB the laletly and I learned how the basics work. That is why I would like to tell Im releasing a new program. It's an internet browser that uses the Internet Explorer options. You must have IE4.x or higher to be able to run the program. The advantage of this program is that it takes a lot less memory than Internet Explorer does this program is faster in loading websites and downloading then Internet Explorer is. Ive also released 2 versions. 1 With the normal Windows borders and one with no borders but its full screen

OP
O

Olger901

Banned
If I ever get to it Ill make some bug fixes I already found and Ill add new features to it. But not too many and too heavy
Since my Primary Goal is to make it FAST

1 Is already requested a History Folder

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Don't take this post the wrong way, because its not intended as a flame, rather I am trying to understand what your doing.

Whats the point in this? I don't see how you can improve anything if you're using what you are trying to improve in the first place, unless im missing something here.

OP
O

Olger901

Banned
Well all I am trying to do is make a fast Internet Browser and this one is. On my pc it loads WAAAY faster then Internet Explorer or Mozilla does.

OP
O

Olger901

Banned
Yes I have but this is just my first Visual Basic Program I created. and I tought it came out pretty good so I put it here on the forums and on a few other places. Most people on other forums seem too like it. But as I said I hope my work will improve in the future. Im also a n00b to VB and I'm learning much about it every day

mesman00

What's that...?
let me just say one thing: don't give up, and have patience

well, i guess that was two things :!!!:

Eagle

aka Alshain
If nothing else its good practice. I made one once before that had a tabbed dialog box and about 5 or 6 tabs and you set the each tab to a new page. This way for those of us who have just a few web pages you visit every day, you have a quick way to load them all at once. Unfortunately, I never got around to making it dynamic like I wanted, moved on to bigger better projects. It was good practice for me. I'll have to see if I can find it.

Eagle

aka Alshain
I couldnt find the original version, but this is a customized version I made specially for my Diablo II Guild, the only difference is that it comes with some extra pictures, startup pages and default settings, and the splash screen is different. I made this before I discovered InnoSetup so its a msi file, this basically means if you have Windows 98, or lower, you will have to download Microsoft Installer support to get it to work. I know WinXP already has the support, and I think Win2k and ME should too. Also I think this was the first release. I think, if I remember correctly, I had made some improvements in two other versions, but I couldnt find them.

Internet Buddy Diablo II Edition

EDIT: If you would like to take a look at the source, I might be able to dig it up as well.

Last edited:

Eagle

aka Alshain
I once had a program that would go online once a week and download a new wallpaper and set your desktop to it. It was pretty cool. My best VB work so far, but eventually the web server I was using to host the wallpapers died and I couldnt find another decent free one at the time. Of course now my school gives me some space.