What's new

finally started to play Far Cry...

Allnatural

God damn is this game hard. I'm no good at FPS's anyway, but this one is too much. Even on the easy setting it seems to take only a few bullets to drain my health completely, and since there are often ten mercs and one helicopter shooting at you at any given moment...and that's when I'm trying to be stealthy.

Thankfully I found the script that regulates the amount of damage your character receives. Reduced it to one-half its previous setting. Yeah, I suck, but at least I'm not playing in God mode, right? right...?

I leave you all to ridicule me now. :p

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Yes, Far Cry is not your textbook run-and-gun FPS. Yeah, it can get really difficult in spots, reducing you to memorize spots where enemies tend to spawn and then start camping.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
What put me off far cry was those bloody primates that could kill you with one hit and almost impossible to dodge.....I suck... I was playing it on easiest difficulty and yet those things STILL managed to kill me. I just ended up throwing the disc out the window... Seriously though regardless of how much I suck those stupid primates spoiled the game imho.

I prefer strategy games =P

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

What put me off far cry was those bloody primates that could kill you with one hit and almost impossible to dodge.....I suck... I was playing it on easiest difficulty and yet those things STILL managed to kill me. I just ended up throwing the disc out the window... Seriously though regardless of how much I suck those stupid primates spoiled the game imho.
Yeah, trigens. I just encountered those bastards. I had heard that they could literally kill you in two hits (one for your armor, one more for your health). They're not so bad now, but the collision detection seems way off. I could be five feet away from one and still take damage. Invisible, telescopic arms apparently...

And another thing. God help you if you don't notice that assault boat in the distance. I've suffered many an untimely death from a rocket that came out of fucking nowhere. :getlost:

Toasty

Sony battery
I suck at just about every FPS except Ghost Recon. For some reason my friends just can't beat me at it and I've only played it a couple times. (Don't ask me which GR game it was - I don't even know that.) I guess some FPS's just use a different part of your brain than others. :p