What's new

Final Fantasy 11 for PC

s|rens

till the end of time
This game came out today in the US so has anyone bought it and started playing yet?

What's it like?

I dunno when it's coming out in Australia but probably next yr. :angry:

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Actually, it's release date was today which in the gaming world means that when it ships, most places won't have it until Wednesday at the earliest. :\ I learned about this horrible "glitch" in the gaming community with Wind Waker and it sucked waiting another day. Aw, who am I kidding, it was okay waiting another day. I'm probably going to get FFXI tomorrow if I can squeeze together another ten bucks or so for it. If I get it, I'll let you know.

Maxx77

Hey Gogo, do you know if there will be a Single Player mode in Final Fantasy 11, or is only a multiplayer game?

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
I played it for about 20 mintues tonight. Not as good as I had hoped but before I pass judgement, I'll give it at least the rest of my 30 day trial. Thing is, it's just so damned huge that it's easy to get lost. One crappy thing is, you cannot have it windowed and if anything pops up while you are playing, it kicks you out and you lose what you've done. ><

OP
s|rens

s|rens

till the end of time
hmm... well keep us informed gogo. After you rack up a few hours give us an update. :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
GogoTheMimic said:
I played it for about 20 mintues tonight. Not as good as I had hoped but before I pass judgement, I'll give it at least the rest of my 30 day trial. Thing is, it's just so damned huge that it's easy to get lost. One crappy thing is, you cannot have it windowed and if anything pops up while you are playing, it kicks you out and you lose what you've done. ><
Problem with most games...
Just make sure you have nothing that can interfere.

smegforbrain

I haven't decided whether I'll get FF11, for either the PC or PS2.

From the start, I've been pretty much dead against the game being part of the regular, numbered line of games. That, and I don't play Evercrack or any other MMORPG; don't have the time nor committment.

scotty

The Great One
I am not sure exactly if I will get it, but If I do I definately will get the PC version, as I do not have a PS2

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Some of them are worth the money, however some companies think like Sony and keep putting the price up >_<

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
vampireuk said:
Some of them are worth the money, however some companies think like Sony and keep putting the price up >_<

Well, the problem is that if you ever get bored of the game for a while, you can't just quit and then play again. If you do that, your characters get wiped out, and you have to start over again. This is a technique to keep you addicted to the game, and ends up making you waste money for time that you never spent playing.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
AlphaWolf said:
Well, the problem is that if you ever get bored of the game for a while, you can't just quit and then play again. If you do that, your characters get wiped out, and you have to start over again. This is a technique to keep you addicted to the game, and ends up making you waste money for time that you never spent playing.

Not necessarily.

PSO stores your character locally, so if you choose to quit for a while, you do still keep your character(s) and you can even still play single player.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Okay, I've taken a break from my almost nonstopt FFXI playing to give an update. This game now owns my soul. Sure, gil is next to impossible to get and the world passes cost at a MINIMUM of 1000 gil, it's still a great game. Did I mention that it takes forever to level up plus you can level down? Yeah, I've died so many times that I've actually leveled down twice. :\ Every time you die you lose around 200 exp. There is a way to get around the world pass though so that isn't a problem either. The only thing that I have found that I don't really like is how hard gil is to get. It's probably just because I'm still so new at the game but for now, it's a bitch trying to get stuff. It seems like everybody on there is nice too. If you're fighting a monster and are getting your ass handed to you, somebody will usually come up and cast protect, cure, etc on you. I am yet to meet a mean person in that entire game. The auction house is also great. There are several of them in each town and anybody can sell whatever they want, they choose a price and list it and people bid on it. It's a great way to find that one item that you've searched all over for. Well, I'm off to play it some more, I don't want to waste my 30 day trial!

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Tagrineth said:
Not necessarily.

PSO stores your character locally, so if you choose to quit for a while, you do still keep your character(s) and you can even still play single player.

Yeah, I know, but PSO doesn't use a monthly fee IIRC? Well I know the xbox version doesn't at least; it's free with the $50 a year xbox live subscription.

smegforbrain

So, let me get this straight.

You pay for the PS2 and game.
You pay for your internet access.
You pay for the PSO.
You pay for your subscription to the game (as well as even more money for additional characters).

Is there anything here that you're not getting charged for?

blizz

smegforbrain said:
So, let me get this straight.

You pay for the PS2 and game.
You pay for your internet access.
You pay for the PSO.
You pay for your subscription to the game (as well as even more money for additional characters).

Is there anything here that you're not getting charged for?

you've managed to confuse yourself, PSO is not on the PS2

for PSO,

Gamecube/X-Box, net access, game disc, hunters license and X-Box live for the X-Box version (yes it's stupid that you need X-Box live as well as the license for PSO on the X-Box)

for FFXI

PS2/PC, net access, game disc/PS2 hd, subscription

they've yet to work out how to charge you for the air you breath, although I will be patenting the biological function of respiration and will be subsequently be suing you all.