What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Feedback for Vince's SuperMario64-HQ

ggab

Emutalk Member
i'm posting this as Vince himself wants :p

Vince wrote

Many of you might have seen this on EmuXHaven but I'm not getting as much feedback as I wanted. So I thought I would put it here, hoping I will get more comments.

Alright I thought I would share this as I get a little done for some feedback.
I hand made the textures for the Stars, coins, (I think I did a kick ass job on those), the boxes, the life gauge (am going to redo it), the key lock, (ehh might redo it), well and many others. For most of the walls and floors I found textures online for, as well as some other items too.
I've been looking for a gallery for the DS version to get ideas, but I can't find one.

Running it with Project64 1.7.0.55
Dumped textures with Mudlord's Rice Video 6.1.3.2
Using the latest GlideHQ to run it.
I haven't tested it on any other plugin.
The GLideHQ loads them all fine, and they show fine with me.

Before you download it move any folder you have in your hires_texture named SUPER MARIO 64.
Also it might be a good idea to delete the SUPER MARIO 64_HIRESTEXTURES.dat file in the cache folder, if your using it.

I don't think I'm doing such a bad job considering this is my first serious project.
-
Download WIP *NOT Current with gallery
-

GALLERY & Project SuperMario64-HQ Home Page

Playing the game with the wonderfull GLideHQ
1280x1024+Rice Format+Smooth filtering 2+HQ4X

Aditional feedback and original thread:
www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6511

Elite Knight

Nintedo Fan Mad
I Agree with GGBA. Also theres why no one ells retexure other games because they dont dump all textures like i tryed mario party dident work so theres the reason.

X-Fi6

It is definitely a great job for a first-timer. But I feel in many places it's too dark and evil looking, or the graphics stick out a bit too much and don't blend with each other.

Datadayne

Some textures look great. But some textures dont match at ALL. But I will stick around this project and check back on it from time to time.

X-Fi6

I was looking forward to Butter making another update to his hi-res retexture mod but the link is dead now and the thread hasn't been updated since February...

WWLink

Hero of Winds
Hi, I'm new here but anyway...

What I noticed and don't like about this pack is that all of the orbs are planets. For example, the ones rolling down the hill are Earth, King Bombom is... I think Venus, and his hands are Jupiters.

But otherwise, great job Vince!

Vince_

@gab, Thanks for posting this for me. I finally have a account now thanks to you again. For some reason I wouldn't receive a validation e-mail.

@X-fi6, I'm breaking away from the `kiddy cartoony` look with this project and trying to texture a modern day look.

@WWLink, I'm going to have the planets as a optional pack to install with the first release. They wont be used as default. I only used them in the screen shots because I like them, but the other ones I have made up are nice looking. Perhaps I'll post some screen shots of them on my site soon.

Thanks for everyones input.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
someone lock this thread and ban vince,

1.7.0.55 is a fake release, distributed by some spanish dipshit claiming to be a PJ64 1.7 developer.

Doommarine23

Zelda Texture Editor
someone lock this thread and ban vince,

1.7.0.55 is a fake release, distributed by some spanish dipshit claiming to be a PJ64 1.7 developer.

First off, why did you bump this? (Yes I know I'm bumping it too but still)

What does PJ64 have anything to do with this? They're talking about damned textures. Not to mention, who cares if it's a fake release? Just ignore it.

Why ban Vince? I admit I'm not looking at every topic here but he's just talking about his damned textures. Which was well over a year ago.