What's new

Fastest Upload Speed On Dialup Ever!

Vchat20

Am I dreaming? or is 101kbps upload on dialup considered off the scale? if you dont believe me, go to http://www.dslreports.com/archive/Level3.net and scroll down till you find the 44485 zip code. that is me.

I just might go test it again to see if it gives me better results, but that just freaked me out considering I could usually only get as high as 40 upload.

Martin

Administrator
Vchat20 said:
Am I dreaming? or is 101kbps upload on dialup considered off the scale? if you dont believe me, go to http://www.dslreports.com/archive/Level3.net and scroll down till you find the 44485 zip code. that is me.

I just might go test it again to see if it gives me better results, but that just freaked me out considering I could usually only get as high as 40 upload.

That's not possible, your max speed is around 7KB/s if you're on modem (56kbps).

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

Well, dont know what I did then. cuz I tested it twice on both dslreports test servers and all came out above 100kbps upload.

Would it possibly be because I used a program to tweak my modem settings? Cuz My Friend sent me a program called NetTweak Pro 2003 and I used it.

Martin

Administrator
Vchat20 said:
Well, dont know what I did then. cuz I tested it twice on both dslreports test servers and all came out above 100kbps upload.

Would it possibly be because I used a program to tweak my modem settings? Cuz My Friend sent me a program called NetTweak Pro 2003 and I used it.

No, it's still impossible. :)
The test is not accurate. Sorry. :p

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

nm. 30.3kbps

but im still puzzled why dslreports would give me an upload speed of >101kbps . cuz they gave me about 95% accuarate readings before.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Vchat20 said:
nm. 30.3kbps

but im still puzzled why dslreports would give me an upload speed of >101kbps . cuz they gave me about 95% accuarate readings before.

They might be really near you, location-wise?

And the maximum upload speed for v.90 is 33.6 kilobits per second.

v.92 offers up to about 38 kilobits per second without affecting downstream, or up to about 48 kilobits but with a reduced downstream (~44k)

OP
Vchat20

Vchat20

Tagrineth said:
They might be really near you, location-wise?

yeah right. im in Northeast Ohio and the dslreports test servers are all the way out in California. I doubt im anywhere near them.

Flash

Technomage
It's possible to get up to 1Mb/s with uncompressed text... but that's not a real transfer - modem compression routinines simply reduce data size.

So i think that zip was created using either "fast"or "normal" compression, and if he will upload RAR archive with maximum compression or MP3 file transfer will be 10 kb/s maximum.