What's new

Famicom / Super Famicom console model from hong kong

coolaid

This year of 2023 marked the 40th anniversary of the famicom console, so i've decided to document the few special model of the famicom/superfamicom console that was released in the british colony of hong kong back in 1990

1.jpg

the image above showed the famicom console that was officially released in the british colony of hong kong back in 1990. this is actually the model 2 revision which featured a turbo button on the back and of course plays japanese famicom carts. It runs on 220v Voltage and is PAL TV signal compatible.

2.jpg

As for the image above, it showed the Super Famicom console that was also officially released in the british colony of hong kong back in 1993. just as before, this thing plays japanese super famicom carts. It runs on 220v Voltage and is also PAL TV signal compatible.

wi.jpg

When the wii was released back in 2006, I more or less saw its hardware as somewhat of a successor to the famicom as I noticed that when the wiimote was held horizontally, it actually featured the exact same button layout and ergonomic feel as the old famicom controller did.

sm.jpg

As for the software, I had also fondly thought of the wii as somewhat of a “super famicom 2” as it had a true sequel to super mario world, in the form of super mario wii.

smm.jpg

while everyone hated metroid other m, i'm actually quite fond of it as I more or less saw it as a true sequel to super metroid, as it essentially plays like a 3D version of that older game by returning to the series side scrolling roots, with the story even taking place immediately after super metroid despite its interquel status and adherence to metroid fusion's formula.

Last edited: