What's new

Facelift (again) for Emulation64.com

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Well, kinda a face lift!

For the past 2 months I have been redesigning Emulation64.com to have a skinnable interface and it is finally completed.

At present we have 4 skins that you can select:
  • RatTrap - The design you know and love, which is the default. By none other than RatTrap.
  • Doug Light & Dark - Design created by [D.O.U.G], CSS by me.
  • Blue - The style that we had before we moved over to RatTraps theme.

I'd like to thank all of the Mods at EmuTalk for testing out the skinning system before it was released, and the following tools:
grep, cat, DreamWeaver, BlueFish, Quanta Plus, mySQL, PHP and the vBulletin team for making their code so easy to play with.

If anyone finds any <a href="mailto:[email protected]?Emu64 Skin Errors">errors please email me</a> with a short description of the error and the page you get it on.

Now here's the fun part!

If anyone would like to make a skin for Emulation64.com you can! Just make up the skin, add some sample content (eg: 2 links per area, 2 news posts etc.) and after its reviewed it could get added to the system.

Just <a href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=Emu64 Skin"> email me your source</a> for review and you're all setup.

Now go have fun with the different styles with the Drop Down dialog box to the right or top of each skin!

EDIT: The site has been reverted to the old system (no skins). It will be back shortly.

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
I would like to give Malcolm a HUGE thank you for his fantastic work on the site, this it totally awesome! :D

aprentice

Trotterwatch said:
Very nice work Malcolm! It looks great :flowers:

looks great too bad it doesnt work great, malcolm definately wrote this script :p

Im stuck in dougs light layout no matter what i select! :p

OP
Malcolm

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
aprentice said:
looks great too bad it doesnt work great, malcolm definately wrote this script :p

Im stuck in dougs light layout no matter what i select! :p

1) Don't have cookies turned off
2) Don't deny the cookie
3) DarkEngine sux0r :p

These just all look cool, Malcolm ( like i told you on IRC ).. btw,any admin/mod,could you change my name to "Andrew Hruska" ? or maybe i should ask in a poem, maybe a haiku, maybe a simple PM, or just a whole new thread? :D

aprentice

The link didnt work martin :p
And malcolm, cookies are turned on obviously if im posting on this board without having to type a pass :p (and i double checked and they are still on) :p
And once again, you definately coded this, not a doubt in my mind ;P

Keith

The Show Must Go On!
Administrator
Works great! Now time to make some lovely skins for the site :D

Great work Malcolm!

oDD

/me odd
DuDe said:
Ooooooh...
/me puts the blue skin on.
Nostalgy :)

Great work Malcolm! Im definately going to use the blue one from now on. It loads faster over dialup and brings back memories, sorry RatTrap :)

CooL

Emulation Freak
Malcolm said:
Thanks for this information. Its not really a security flaw but it is definately an oversight by me.

It has been fixed and thanks very much again :)

Well, pls take a look at my usergroupid.
Now is 6, as in admin.
Fix it :)

Last edited: