What's new

exception in emulation thread:(Zelda641.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukenukem

lord freiza
Well with the latest beta the exception in emulation thread is back big time but with earlier versions of the beta i could stop this by turning off usecp1 block thing but now that doesn't even help,the error will happen eventually.

schibo

Emulator Developer
Trotterwatch said:
This same error also happens in F1 Grand Prix 2 (E)(!) at random moments.

An "Exception in emulation thread" message is displayed to indicate that 1964 is being prevented from crashing due to an unrecoverable error. When this happens while a game is not running, this is typically not due to the core logic itself (but is still a bug). An exception in the emulation thread while a game is running under normal conditions will likely be a core bug.

I have fixed a bug that I suspect causes the latter situation, since I don't see this happen in the latest build. Just let us know here either way when the next beta arrives, thanks! We'll post it some time after Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

The problem still occurs (in new build dated 29th Nov) in F1 Grand Prix 2 (E) upon trying to start a new game the game will crash with an exception in emulation thread error

EDIT// Fixed - had to turn on link code blocks which had been set to off

This issue now seems to be totally fixed - just ran through a race with limiter off with no problems at all (previously doing that would accelerate the occurance of the exception error).

Last edited:

schibo

Emulator Developer
Trotterwatch said:
EDIT// Fixed - had to turn on link code blocks which had been set to off

Ok thanks for the update. I guess there's still a problem when the linker is off with that game, but that's much better. I will have to debug that.

schibo

Emulator Developer
dukenukem said:
Well with the latest beta the exception in emulation thread is back big time but with earlier versions of the beta i could stop this by turning off usecp1 block thing but now that doesn't even help,the error will happen eventually.

Please let us know if this bug is gone for you for this game. Thanks!

OP
dukenukem

dukenukem

lord freiza
so far looks like there's no more exception in emulation thread for zelds,played it for a bit this morning and no error popped up:).

Status
Not open for further replies.