What's new

English Translation

Mr Smith V2

I want to play Pokemon Dungeon Mystery Red/Blue Rescue Team in english. I have a japanese version, but I can't really tell what I'm doing. I have the program Thingy32; but I don't know how it works, and I don't know how to get table files. If someone could tell me how to translate it or and a link to a translated one please post.

spotanjo3

Since I hate the pokemon series, lol. Maybe you should wait. It will be out in english this year.

OP
M

Mr Smith V2

I wouldn't mind waiting, it's just that when it comes out school will have started, and I really don't like waking up early for school.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Translating rom images is not as easy as you think. Thingy only helps with ROMs that have a fairly simple way of storing text in the ROM. I dare to say that at least 95% of rom translations that exist today wouldn't have seen the light of day without competent romhackers. Just being a translator doesn't cut it. The rom translation scenes has very few individuals that are both translators and romhackers

In most cases you need good Assembly knowledge and how data is shifted around/stored inside the ROM itself. Additional problem is the fact that japanese takes a lot less characters to display a phrase than english does. Text lenght and line breaks and often hardcoded into the game as well. Should you accidentally go over these bounds or do something else that doesn't conform to the "rules" set my the ROM, you usually break the game entirely.

Leave the translation efforts to those who know what they are doing. If you wish to learn, it is possible but quite difficult if you have no prior experience. In any case, http://www.romhacking.net has the most comprehensive list of ROM translations. If a translation isn't listed there, it doesn't exist.

spotanjo3

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team for DS will be released as scheduled on November 10 in Europe, about two months after its North American debut.