What's new

Eh... This isn't right is it?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I just found out about this emulator named MorphGear,

http://www.morphgear.com/morphgearweb/pages/home.jsp

now if you look at the Features page, this emulator is nothing but a bunch of other peoples work, yet the author of this so called "Emulator" seems to charge money for it? (he does give 3 of them "free" and wants cash for the rest) am I the only one who has a problem with this? :p

He shouldn't have the right to charge for this, specially since he's using emu cores such as Snes9x.

I'm suprised this guy hasn't pinched 1964's old source and claimed his "emulator" does n64 emulation too.

Last edited:

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yeah but who would be stupid enough to buy them when you can already get the emulators for free?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Sayargh said:
I just found out about this emulator named MorphGear,

http://www.morphgear.com/morphgearweb/pages/home.jsp

now if you look at the Features page, this emulator is nothing but a bunch of other peoples work, yet the author of this so called "Emulator" seems to charge money for it? (he does give 3 of them "free" and wants cash for the rest) am I the only one who has a problem with this? :p

He shouldn't have the right to charge for this, specially since he's using emu cores such as Snes9x.

I'm suprised this guy hasn't pinched 1964's old source and claimed his "emulator" does n64 emulation too.
It's just another guy who want to make money with the emulation thing and these guys destroy the whole community! I hate these guy, but you can't do anything against this!

-Shadow-

Banned
vampireuk said:

owned2.jpg

:D :D :D

Allnatural

I'll try (almost) anything once, so I installed MorphGear.

A worthless piece of junk, a complete waste of HD space, but you guys didn't need me to tell you that, right? Slap a shitty GUI on emulators you didn't code, then charge losers $20 for additional "modules" (more emulators you didn't code). And guess what? It runs like shit. The Genesis and SNES "modules" run slow as fuck, and the sound is...there, somewhat, but it's shitty. Perhaps I missed a setting or two, but the GUI is such a mess I can't be arsed to delve deeper into it. Two of the options under Sound are "enable" and "emulate". wtf?

feh...

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Yeah, I agree with most of the comments said by you guys, I was just out-raged when I read about this "emulator", thought i'd complain about it some hehe.

This loser did a feable attempt to make money off freeware projects, he shouldn't be allowed to get away with this, it kills the emulation community in a small way, heck, even I could've made a better GUI than that but thats besides the point, it would STILL be wrong.

If he had however written his own bloody source code then things would be different.

Last edited:

Allnatural

Sayargh said:
This loser did a feable attempt to make money off freeware projects, he shouldn't be allowed to get away with this...
In his defense, he only charges for the "modules" ported from shareware emulators, and he claims to have an agreement with the author who wrote all of them.

Speaking of which, look at this shit. You can charge for your code if you want, it's your right, but how much do you honestly expect to sell when there are so many free and likely better emulators available?

A response to vamp's post on the MorphGear board:
So all those emulators work on Pocket PC's ???? Its mostly emulators for PC's at your site you idiot, Morphgear runs on Pocket PC's.
Dumbass. Anyone seen the PocketPC section of Zophar's? Lot's of free emulators there.

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
....Never have I seen such a dumbass Administrator. Copy other peoples work, say you stated where you had 'Special Thanks' or whatever and it gives you a 404 error.. It's kind of sad, really. All I can say is find out who made the emulators and tell them.

mezkal

Man on a mission
BTW, not to upset anyone, but Emuhelp mentions Morphgear's latest release in the news section :(

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
maybe i'm wrong about the "he sells Freeware" thing, but this guy could make it a lot clearer about his features page, IE: which ones he has "licence" to sell and which one he doesn't, as it is now, its very easy to get the wrong end of the stick.

besides like you chaps have said, who in their right mind would pay for something so lame.