What's new

DVD drive dosnt read gc disk? and...

Van Halen Man

I put the GC disk in my dvd drive and nothing happens. I dont know how to see what kind of dvd drive it is but I think it is some sort of toshiba... And while your here, I have another question. I was just wondering if my computer would be fast enough to emulate GC.

I have:
1 gig of ram
Nvidia GeForce 6150 LE (256 mb)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs)

Thanks for your help, I will try to find out what kind of dvd drive I have.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Regular DVD-ROM drives cannot read GC discs as is. Besides, if you thought about trying an emulator, you need to do it like the rest of us and use preripped disc images or learn to rip that GameCube disc yourself.

No, your computer is not fast enough to emulate the GameCube. At least not without a dual core optimized version of Dolphin and a 64-bit operating system.

BigGlitch98

f*** game cube emulation for now. computers won't be fast enough to emulate the game cube until diamond based processors come out. diamond based processors can get up to 80 GHz - fast and hot enough to liquefy silicon based processors.

Sercio

f*** game cube emulation for now. computers won't be fast enough to emulate the game cube until diamond based processors come out. diamond based processors can get up to 80 GHz - fast and hot enough to liquefy silicon based processors.

Dream further brother :ermm: Diamond based Cpu´s never will reach us "normal" humans any day! They are only used at high based things like the NASA or such...

Xtreme2damax

Aren't computers already fast enough to emulate the Gamecube?

In the screen shots thread for Dolphin64 someone was getting upwards of 50 - 120 FPS in games like Windwaker and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle with a Core2Duo E8400 and Windows Vista 64-bit with Dolphin x64 Dual Core Beta 3.