What's new

Downloading stuff!!

Your Download program/site

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clements

eMule, KaZaA Lite (although less often now since I've discovered the power of eMule) and Bittorrent.

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
where are the newsgroups? you literally have to be there 2 days after an upload, but when you do it's damn fast. (where else can you download at 95% of your capacity? :p)

otherwise eMule, bitTorrent (mostly eMule).

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
For... *cough*... legitimate DivX backups of my properly purchased, fully legal, non-sueable DVDs, I use Kazaa Lite K++, the last free version before it went semi-corporate/got fucked etc. And that's safe, in that I've never caught anything shit from a .avi before.

Unless there's some file-merging fuck out there now laughing at my expense.

Anyway, besides that, er... some sites of questionable legality that shouldn't be mentioned. And otherwise I use the sites of the authors of the stuff I'm downloading. I find download.com etc slow, with a limited choice.

Last edited:

smegforbrain

Bittorrent is what the format is.

NovaBlast sounds like it's just a client, along with Azureus, BitComet, TorrentStorm, ABC... shall I go on? :)

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
I think if people are REALLY honest, they're not going to say they paid thousands for a rather well-known photo editing suite, or another rather well-known html editor, etc etc...

But y'know, I'm a student, so I get monumental discounts anyway :p

Dr_shadow

I just started two days ago with shareaza, and... wow! It swept the floor with all others (kazaa, which sucks ass, and edonkey-emule, which are too slow, at least for me... and also, 0.53 does suck)...

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Dr_shadow said:
I just started two days ago with shareaza, and... wow! It swept the floor with all others (kazaa, which sucks ass, and edonkey-emule, which are too slow, at least for me... and also, 0.53 does suck)...

Yes, I do agree that eMule can be slow, slow for a download to start, thus
eMule won't be the best if your still stuck under 56k .

Having at least DSL is recommended.

...But with eMule, a download will at least almost always be completed within
approximately 12 hours.

Vegetable

Banned
eMule and Kazaa lite, eMule is very very reliable with a dsl connection, although it doesn't have many legal photos, or games like kazaa does.