What's new

Downloading Problems

decription

I was downloading a rom it got to 11.9 MB of 11.9 Then for some reason it hung there forever. My connection was lost. I was ablke to recover it from my temporary internet files but it won't play as i figure i missing a few kb. of it. Is there anyway to continue the download where it was [it will take tops 5 more seconds on 56k] or do I have to do it all over. Any help is greatly apprechiated.:doh:

Trotterwatch

You can resume downloads using IE, but you need to as far as I am aware keep the window open where you originally clicked the link, otherwise it doesn't seem to work.

In future use a download manager as suggested (not Gozilla though, that sucks big time).

OP
decription

decription

Alright thanks anyway. I just started it again. I'll keep those tips in mind for the fututre. I normally don't have this problem as with mIRC they resume anyway. The site I'm getting it from [a well known one with a large asian country in its name] doesn't permit them though.

Trotterwatch

I can tell you that site does support resuming via IE6s download resuming feature (you need to keep the window open though).

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Mozilla actualy has a pretty well featured download manager that is capable of pausing and resuming downloads...seems to have been stripped from phoenix and firebird though.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Trotterwatch said:
You can resume downloads using IE, but you need to as far as I am aware keep the window open where you originally clicked the link, otherwise it doesn't seem to work.

In future use a download manager as suggested (not Gozilla though, that sucks big time).

Yes that is correct but he implied the window was closed already.

OP
decription

decription

Alright thanks anyway. I got it somewhere else because it stopped in the exact same place. I love play SSB online, it was worht the effort, props to Martin for the Kaillera sever:martin64: