What's new

Dolphin (SVN) discussion thread

Xtreme2damax

I try to keep everyone up to date on all the forums I visit this way everyone knows about new builds. Believe it or not just like with Chankast, there is still people trying to use the ancient slow 1.03.2 version of Dolphin which was the last official version, these people are oblivious to the fact that much better Svn builds are out there which offer a vast improvement in features, compatibility, and overall emulation.

Anyways I've uploaded the x86, x64, JITIL x86, and JITIL x64 builds for revision 4067. This revision fixes the sound in Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) and Pikmin 1 (Wii), these games now have sound.

Sound is a tad worse in the Wii version of Twilight Princess than the Gamecube version, however it is better than nothing and an improvement nevertheless.

A Legend

Ok i know this is the wrong website to be posting but for some reason i've been banned from ngemu becasue they said i was spamming links but i don;t know how this has been happening for the last three posts i made there there was always this strange question at the bottom of my posts that i did not add can anyone please help me contact them to prove i did not post those links on ngemu im ugoo thanks
*removed*

Last edited by a moderator:

A Legend

As you can see in my last post there is that strange forex trading link on the bottom of my posts yet i have no idea how it's getting there or how to get rid of it

Knuckles

Either someone has ur account info, or you have some spyware running on your PC, I suggest you to run an anti-spyware on your system first, like Spybot or Malwarebytes'.

After it's done (and cleaned) try again and see if it still happens.

Xtreme2damax

As you can see in my last post there is that strange forex trading link on the bottom of my posts yet i have no idea how it's getting there or how to get rid of it

Yeah you were banned, everyone thought you sold your account to spammers or your account was a "sleeper" spam account.

I would scan for malware, spyware, adware etc.. and clean whatever it is out and then I can discuss with the staff on reactivating your account.

Xtreme2damax

I just had a quick discussion with the staff, I was informed to let you know the following:

Back up all of your important files, format your hard drive and reinstall Windows. This will ensure the malware is completely gone unless it's hiding elsewhere other than your hard drive or main hdd.

Ensure the malware is gone, you can test this by making another post one you do what I mentioned above.

Ensure none of the programs you have contain a virus or trojan, so you can avoid getting this again.

Get a better/decent anti-virus and scan your pc every so often.

Change your passwords for forums you visit and other things, just in case the malware had some type of keylogging script.

Once you ensure your PC is clean, you will be unbanned. :)

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Man, this place is DEAD.
Regardless, I uploaded new builds for the first time in forever, and updated the links in my signature for people who still lurk around this place looking for builds.

A Legend

Ok i tried what you said Xtreme i got Malwarebytes Anti Malware and did all the other stuff hope this works this time because this is really irritating it hasn't done this on the dolphin website it only seemed to affect any long posts i made
*removed*

Last edited by a moderator:

A Legend

Darn it still does that would a scan in safe mode help cause i've done all the other things and i really don't want to do them again cause that took ages

Xtreme2damax

The last post you just made doesn't have a link..

There's probably not much you can do short of a reformat. Just back up all of your important files, do a deep/full format and reinstall Windows.

I wouldn't doubt this malware has cleverly disguised itself or embedded itself in your system, so the best option is to completely format your PC.

Xtreme2damax

I just uploaded revision 4247, the link is in my signature. Be aware that the old url for the download system is no longer valid, I just recently upgraded the board software to IPB 3.0 and need to wait until an upgrade is available for the download system.

So for now on created a thread on the forum where all Dolphin build will be posted until I am able to get the download system back online.

Toasty

Sony battery
Rice has been doing some great work on Dolphin recently (particularly on the DX graphics plugin) and it really shows.

BTW I finally found an odd workaround for the problem I was having a while back. It seems that whenever I open an ISO using File->Open or the Open button, I get the "failed to grab 1GB of contiguous memory" error and a crash. However, if I open the ISO in Dolphin's ISO browser, it works. Not sure what in the heck makes one way work and not the other, but it's worth a try if you're having the same issue I did.

p_025

To Windows users: If you want to use the D3D plugin after r4246 you need the newest DirectX runtimes, which can be found HERE. You only need the SDK (in addition to runtimes) if you want to build and run Dolphin. I can still build it with the March 2009 SDK so if you have that you should be okay.

Oh, and sorry Toasty, that issue has been known for a little while now. I don't know why it hasn't been addressed yet.

Xtreme2damax

[r4336] Unlimited JIT Cache and Watchdog Patches Integrated

I just wanted to announce that I've uploaded the x86, x64, JITIL x86, and JITIL x64 builds for revision 4336. Thanks to James, I have integrated the Unlimited JIT Cache and Watchdog patches into my builds. Due to thorough testing I was able to find the revision that was at fault for the graphics breakage in Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3, thanks to sl1nk3 have slightly altered the code to fix this issue temporarily until an official fix is committed to the SVN respository.

So you won't need to to use any projection hacks for graphics to be visible in DBZBT2 or DBZBT3 and attack effects will now be visible in DBZBT3. :)

Here is where I found what revision was responsible for the breakage in these games through strenuous testing, sl1nk3 narrowed it down to exactly what change caused the breakage and I have thus slightly altered the code to fix this issue until an official fix is committed to the SVN repository:

http://forums.dolphin-emu.com/thread-4215.html

Link is in my signature where everyone can obtain revision 4336.

Xtreme2damax

Uploaded all builds for revision 4340..

I've just uploaded all builds for revision 4340, I put some extra care into this build. :D

I've included a reverted DSP_HLE plugin (Plugin_DSP_HLE_R), where I manually reverted the changes of Revision 4111. Revision 4111 was supposed to fix the Twilight Princess intro music, while it did do what it was supposed to do, it also caused some sound oddities with games. This revision caused music and sound to bug out in Twilight Princess and caused weird sounds or echoing in other games such as Zelda Windwaker.

The music and sound effects should no longer cut out in Twilight Princess and the sound oddities Revision 4111 caused should be gone. Keep in mind however that this will break the intro music in Twilight Princess again, some music, music notes, and sound effects will be missing that the AFC looping hack corrected.

For those that still want the intro music and aren't too bothered by the sound oddities, I've also included an unaltered build of the DSP_HLE plugin.

For some reason I was unable to upload the x64 JITIL build, I'm getting an error on my forum when attempting to do so. I'll probably upload them all to my Skydrive later on since my Skydrive has lacked any new builds.
Updated Plugin_DSP_HLE_R (Reverted) for anyone who wants to use it. A semi-incorrect revert caused garbage sounds and static in some instances with some games. I went back, reviewed the code and made the proper changes.
Link is in my signature where everyone can obtain this build.

Official thread for unofficial builds compiled by none other than myself @ the Dolphin forum: http://forums.dolphin-emu.com/thread-2176.html

p_025

I've uploaded r4355. They're not as fancy as XTreme's builds but they work. Small note, I've decided to use SDL 1.3 with my builds from now on. If you notice any problems with the NJoy plugin (or Wiimote plugin, I believe), SDL 1.2 is still provided. Simply rename/delete "SDL.dll" and rename "SDL.1.2.dll" to "SDL.dll". Also many thanks to Migs351 (Unknownforce at the Dolphin-emu forums) for pointing out to me why I was having issues in NJoy, and for providing an x64 version of SDL 1.3. I have tested both x86 and x64 builds and they work better for me with SDL 1.3.

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

I've uploaded the x86, x64, JITIL x86, and JITIL x64 builds for revision 4389, link is in my siggy as usual. :)

Last edited:

Xtreme2damax

I've uploaded the x86, x64, JITIL x86, and JITIL x64 builds for revision 4443. I have not included OpenCL for the simple fact not everyone has a graphics card capable of OpenCL, it would take to much of a strain on my internet connection and bandwidth to provide both normal builds and OpenCL builds. Link is in my signature as usual where you can obtain the latest build or builds. :)