What's new

Dolphin Super Mario Sunshine movies!

Olax

cooliscool said:
Impressive, but hopefully it isn't released anytime soon. Pirates lick nuts. :yucky:

Its very early in the life of this console and Ninetendo need this to be a success. I agree that this should not be released. All ready the file sharing systems have loads of GCN isos floating around in anticipation of a release.

Lets not kill the one we love - emulate sony instead!!!!!!! :devil:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Wonder if nintendo's going nuts when the emulator gets out...
or even before. Extremly impressive work, nevertheless.

BabyBee

Panda Love Unit
some thoughts:
if/when this emulator is released it will probably increase the fanbase for nintendo, which is exactly what they need...exposure
ppl hardly know about the gcn, so they just buy the ps2 so they won't be 'kiddie' or just buy xbox for the specs (we have to thank marketing for hypnotizing ppl).
if more ppl were exposed to gcn's great titles, possibly through emulation, they would buy gcn's instead of ps2's and xbox's.
i look at downloadable stuff as try b4 u buy. (it would have been cool if this emulator was out long ago, then i could have play-tested pikmin rather than shell out $50 for a game that is completely uninteresting to me. :alien2: )
Just like test-driving a car.
buy a car without test-driving and u don't know what ur getting.
i know i personally wouldn't try to rip off nintendo. i haven't gotten around to trying metroid prime, but with an iso i could easily decide if it were my kind of game or not.
of course, i guess i could just as well feed the bloated and exploitative blockbuster that performs unfair business tactics if i wanted a test-drive. :saddam:

Last edited:

DesktopMan

Before this plays at playable speeds on normal computers, GameCube probably won't be around anymore :p Anything can happen though.

The movies are indeed sped up to fullspeed. It's not very enjoyable at the current speed :p

The "breakdancing" is because of character animations beeing a bit wrong atm, obviously :)

Remote

Never say never although it's probaly for the best that GC isn't emulated before the end of it's lifespan...

Maxx77

For example a 128 megabytes n64 cartridge, is compressed to + or - 12 megabytes, so it's possible that a 1.3gb gamecube minidvd be compressed to about 140 megabytes?

Remote

1 Mbit equals to 128Kb or 0.128MB. So a 128Mbit N64 cartridge contains 16MB of information. If my memory serves me right the factor is 1/8 for MB / Mbits...

Flash

Technomage
Remote said:
Never say never although it's probaly for the best that GC isn't emulated before the end of it's lifespan...
Emulated or not, it's not a big difference as GC emulator will be too slow
to be really playable. It's like DivX on 386SX - of course it's possible but...

P.S. I think GC will be modchipped....

Last edited:

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Somebody should send an email to Nintendo and ask them what they think of the GCN started to be emulated. lol Wonder what they'd say?

Remote

Yeah, that could be what Nintendo and the GC needs and not to mention me, thinks of all the money I've spent on GC games...

Considering how fast CPU increase in speed it probaly wont take that long before it does run at somewhat nice speeds...

Ppk01

Flash said:
Emulated or not, it's not a big difference as GC emulator will be too slow
to be really playable. It's like DivX on 386SX - of course it's possible but...

I totally agree with that. But of course, don't forget that PC's are getting more and more powerful every week...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
BabyBee said:
some thoughts:
if/when this emulator is released it will probably increase the fanbase for nintendo, which is exactly what they need...exposure
ppl hardly know about the gcn, so they just buy the ps2 so they won't be 'kiddie' or just buy xbox for the specs (we have to thank marketing for hypnotizing ppl).
if more ppl were exposed to gcn's great titles, possibly through emulation, they would buy gcn's instead of ps2's and xbox's.
i look at downloadable stuff as try b4 u buy. (it would have been cool if this emulator was out long ago, then i could have play-tested pikmin rather than shell out $50 for a game that is completely uninteresting to me. :alien2: )
Just like test-driving a car.
buy a car without test-driving and u don't know what ur getting.
i know i personally wouldn't try to rip off nintendo. i haven't gotten around to trying metroid prime, but with an iso i could easily decide if it were my kind of game or not.
of course, i guess i could just as well feed the bloated and exploitative blockbuster that performs unfair business tactics if i wanted a test-drive. :saddam:
Geez, read a review for it...but there should be more demos on games, though. For metroid prime, I recommend it. A nice next-gen metroid game, although lacks what its previous games had (namely super metroid).

1 Mbit equals to 128Kb or 0.128MB. So a 128Mbit N64 cartridge contains 16MB of information. If my memory serves me right the factor is 1/8 for MB / Mbits...
1 byte = 8 bits.
So 8 MBit = 1 mb.
So that's correct :)

Hyper19s

Banned
hhhmmm i wonder in the future if this comes out.

hypetheticlly of course.

what the system requierments would be ???

probaly really high huh??

revl8er

That Damn Good
hhhmmm i wonder in the future if this comes out.

hypetheticlly of course.

what the system requierments would be ???

probaly really high huh??

Yeah, I just hope that my pc will be fast enough.

Hyper19s

Banned
probaly a really high radeon since the gamecube itself use ati video.somthing like that not really sure
of cource.

Trotterwatch

I don't believe ATI actually designed the graphics though, they just AFAIK bought the company that designed the Flipper chip.

Edit:

Confirmed by Desktopman who posted 1 minute before me :) lol